would you wake your dh/dp

(12 Posts)
oldham70 Thu 01-Aug-13 14:43:18

So I am virtually a sahm at moment. Dh works long hours with a long commute. (Drives)
As a result I accept that night time wake up are generally my responsibility.
However, would you wake your dh when 2 things happen simultaneously.
In the past I havehad a child being sick and a baby needing feeding. Also on occasions I had freezer alarm going off and crying baby.
Would you wake dh/dp as a one off.
Thank you

caramelwaffle Thu 01-Aug-13 14:45:54

Yes. I would. Especially with a sick child and a hungry child.

bonzo77 Thu 01-Aug-13 14:47:13

Yes. If I really couldn't manage, like both kids needing me urgently. TBH I can't really understand how anyone could sleep through the commotion, and would be livid if DH tried to ignore it.

Thurlow Thu 01-Aug-13 14:58:56

Yes, definitely. We have similar in that with his job and hours DP really needs his sleep, but I wouldn't hesitate to wake him even just for a 3am projectile vomit, let alone with a hungry baby as well. I mean, if the sick is everywhere, it'd be better to have the two of you to deal with it?

Branleuse Thu 01-Aug-13 15:02:12

of course

ShadowMeltingInTheSun Fri 02-Aug-13 00:20:23

I would in the sick child + hungry baby scenario. Quite possibly for just a sicky child, if there was a lot of vomit.

Yes.

mikkii Fri 02-Aug-13 00:23:41

I have a real problem dealing with vomit, so for this I have a standing instruction to wake DH.

For a freezer alarm +crying baby, no I wouldn't wake DH, DS had colic so there isn't much I can't do one-handed

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 03-Aug-13 21:37:46

Yes would wake him.

Smartiepants79 Sat 03-Aug-13 21:42:42

Yes, wake him. It's not like it happens every night.
On the rare occasions when both children need seeing to at the same time he needs to step up. Half an hour out of his nights sleep every so often is going to do him no harm.
It's part of what he signed up for when you had children together!

Yes, absolutely. DH is far from perfect but his saving grace is that aside from the actual BF he has been fantastic with both DC during the nights. Even when I was SAH he has always stepped up!

Locketjuice Sat 03-Aug-13 21:58:29

Definitely! I have to wake dp at the moment as when I go to make a bottle ds screams the house down where as if he does it and I cuddle ds it doesn't wake him as much and we all get to go back to bed as soon as the bottle hits his lips!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now