a wedding accommodation one - long!

(5 Posts)
Levantine Mon 29-Jul-13 16:19:25

A relative is getting married in Marrakech. DH and I have had a terrible year, and his sister has offered to come to look after the dc so we can go and have a break and a bit of an adventure for the weekend. so far so good.

My father is going to this wedding. He has his good points but he is fairly selfish. He is totally the sort of person who would tag along with what we do, would no way see that we need our own space, would never take a hint. He didn't bring me up, in fact I didn't see him from when I was ten or so. So while I quite like him, I don't feel any obligation towards him.

So. He is coming on the same flight as us. Which I could do without frankly. He asked which hotel we were staying in. I was deliberately vague.

This morning I get an email from my lovely cousin, saying dad had rung yesterday to suggest we all stay in the same hotel and if she gets in touch with me I can tell her where we have booked.

I would happily stay in the same place as my cousin and I don't want to not reply to her. At the same time, my dad is being a manipulative arse and using her to get information from me.

WWYD??

Alanna1 Wed 31-Jul-13 20:45:11

Oh dear. I would prob suggest we all stayed together for one or two nights, and then say I wanted a romantic getaway to a private riad.

wakeupandsmellthecoffee Sun 04-Aug-13 21:00:28

Emails get lost in cyber space

Trills Sun 04-Aug-13 21:05:12

I assume that you would rather stay alone, than stay with your cousin and your dad?

Tell your cousin that it's a nice idea but that you and DH have decide to take the chance to have a romantic getaway dirty weekend and so you would prefer to stay separately from the rest of the family. No details of where you are stayiing.

Levantine Mon 05-Aug-13 14:52:13

I ended up giving my cousin the details, but she hasn't got back in touch, probably offended that I took a few days to reply.

I talked to my brother and he said he would take on looking after dad, adn actually it is only one night that we would be in the same hotel as he is staying elsewhere for the night of the wedding. So I think i can handle it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now