A big move!!

(7 Posts)
ToomuchIsBackOnBootcamp Thu 25-Jul-13 16:57:24

If its at all viable for you, I would go for it as it sounds like quality of life for all of you would be much better. Your DH can't expect you to halt your entire life for his access, and it's not as if you are wanting to move to the other end of the country! 90 mins is easily manageable for weekend access, my Dh used to do a 350 mile round trip and pay for a hotel every 3 weeks for years to see my DSD before we moved closer.

I can't advise on the financials but CAB is very helpful.

RandomMess Thu 25-Jul-13 16:46:19

Different local authorities have different rates of maximum rent allowable it's not the same nationwide.

rainbowfeet Thu 25-Jul-13 10:58:48

Bump... Help, I'm so confused & need to make a fast decision!! smile

rainbowfeet Wed 24-Jul-13 21:58:58

Sorry dd is 10 & we have been talking this move through for several months & she understands all the implications. We viewed the house today & the school & she loved it. Ds is under 2.

I have done an online calculator & the rent PCM is way under what the entitlement came out as??! & £300 PCM less than my 2 bed flat... A 3 bed house in my area is minimum £1000 PCM so with security & 1 months rent my start up is over twice needed for the move away.

RandomMess Wed 24-Jul-13 21:41:42

I don't know but how old is your dd as you may not be entitled for HB for a 3 bed with 2 young dc?

CAB would be a good place to start.

kinkyfuckery Wed 24-Jul-13 21:40:37

How old is your DD? Is she old enough to understand that it'll mean she can't continue seeing her dad as and when she does currently?

rainbowfeet Wed 24-Jul-13 21:36:55

Hi, after some advice from anyone in the know really. I am a LP with 2 dc's. dd has a good relationship with exh & he sees her overnight once a week. Ds never been acknowledged by his dad.

At the present time I am seemingly stuck in a 2 bed private sector flat. (Hate living here, gets me really horrible & low from time to time) council won't help unless I'm homeless landlord not willing to evict as its too costly. A move to a new private let in my area not financially viable.

I have the chance to move 80 miles to a 3 bed house in a really lovely village. (I'm on outskirts of London now, not a fantastic area). I have friends in the village, next village & nearby town, shall I go for it!!!

I think I'd be a happier person there & dd is very keen on the move. Ds just a baby. Exh (dd's dad) understandably upset although I have said I'll do all I can to enable him to see her as much as possible. Currently I don't drive but I'll learn so he won't have to always drive, & when I can afford it I'll bring her down by train. Am I being selfish, journey is mainly motorway 90 min max in most cases. He is a police officer so gets quite a few weekends off. He has a partner that drives & no other dc's yet. hmm

Please be kind I am fragile tonight! sad

Also is it easy to claim housing benefit in a new county can they ever refuse to pay it??

Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now