Toilet door falling off at McDonalds!

(7 Posts)
WereTricksPotter Tue 05-Nov-13 19:40:11

I'm sure they will be checking out why it happened and securing the hinges on the other doors if they need to.

Send an email to the Manager to ask if this has been done.

Compensation not really necessary though - she wasn't hurt.

Mummytotwox Tue 05-Nov-13 19:29:57

Why would you let your five year old go to the toilet on her own in public?!

They should have given you a free meal but compensation I'd say no

Wonderstuff Tue 16-Jul-13 23:27:13

I think I feel they should check out why it happened, if it had fallen on her it would have hurt. It did put a downer on a treat, she was upset. How does a door fall off its hinges?

ShatnersBassoon Tue 16-Jul-13 23:09:14

Compensation for what, exactly? No injuries, no loss of earnings, no damage to property was there?

Things happen.

Wonderstuff Tue 16-Jul-13 23:04:53

So DD is 5, she went to the toilet at McDs, she was gone a little while so I went to see what was going on to find her quiet and upset in there with two members of staff wrestling with a cubicle door. My first thought was that she'd got locked in, but no, they explained that the door fell off its hinges. Dd didn't get hit by it or trapped by it, but she was very upset. Staff were apologetic, but no one seemed to know how it happened. DD insisted on sitting on my lap when we ate and was very quiet all evening.

A staff member said she thought we should kick up more if a fuss and try to get compensation. I don't know. Such an odd thing to happen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now