Best friends wedding or my own

(30 Posts)
Mumof2beautys Tue 16-Jul-13 10:55:47

Hi all .. I need some advice please... Ill start from the beginning..Both me and my best friend got engaged recently.. She has decided to get married abroad which in turn will cost me and my family the best part of £1500 to go.. Meanwhile I am planning a family full wedding here in Britain.. (I have a rather large family) .. Now my wedding will cost me hopefully £3000 if I get a late deal but I will not be able to save the money for both.. Do I either go to my best friends wedding and postpone my own and hope to get a similar deal in a year or so.. Or do I regretfully miss her wedding... I'm completely stuck as to what to do.. If it wasn't my best friend I would consider going but she's like a sister.. I'm slightly annoyed that she would expect me to spend that much money on her wedding... But she has so HELP please......

FernieB Sun 26-Jan-14 08:57:12

Agree with everyone else. Attending a wedding in the UK is expensive enough nowadays - travel, hotel, gift - anyone who chooses to have it abroad should be prepared for no-one to come.

Very selfish of her to be miffed with you.

I could not and would not ever spend £1500 on attending a wedding. That is bonkers. Unless she and all her friends and family are filthy rich, I think she has a cheek.

1974rach Tue 04-Feb-14 21:51:01

Applauds kenmo ...brilliantly put.

It is times like this that your true colours show - your friend is no exception.

Mumof2beautys Tue 04-Feb-14 21:55:03

True colours and all that... :-(

Mumof2beautys Tue 04-Feb-14 21:59:43

Weddings are meant to be a happy time .. Such a shame it brings out the worst in some people.. Ah well back on with my own plans.. Time for me to be selfish.. Thanks guys...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now