I have a Jonathon Creek style mystery on my hands...

(113 Posts)
notanyanymore Thu 11-Jul-13 21:06:29

Me and dp had a row, he went out. I'm sat in the study and over the noise of the computer/fan I thought I maybe heard the back door go... couple of mins, bit more banging then nothing. So I went to check. On the side in the kitchen has appeared a bottle of diet coke and a big bar of galaxy. But no sign of dp. His car is on the drive, have searched the whole house (even cupboards etc) no sign. The weird thing? Both doors are locked by keys ON THE INSIDE!!! You can't have a key in the lock on one side and lock it from the other. So, has he done a Houdini on me?....

MrsJ0nes Mon 15-Jul-13 15:41:04

That was brilliant! Exciting! #ImustGetALife

Would be a pretty cool way to dispell post-row bad vibes though, I shall consider something similar myself in future.

PelvicFloorClenchReminder Sun 14-Jul-13 10:41:10

No wormholes? No Sapphire & Steel?

Hmmph.

QOD Sun 14-Jul-13 10:27:32
ZingWidge Sun 14-Jul-13 10:14:32

yes QOD please link it.

sorry OP that you are disappointed.
but better this way.

Luther- style slithering from under bed would have been gruesome. grin

notanyanymore Sun 14-Jul-13 09:57:17

QOD can you link your thread? I want to seee!

QOD Sun 14-Jul-13 08:52:49

I've started a new thread about stupid things done after a row now grin

GlitterFingers Sun 14-Jul-13 08:50:16

Tell him he has disappoint the whole of mn with that. I wanted him to be strapped to the ceiling or in a secret room behind a bookcase

UterusUterusGhali Sun 14-Jul-13 08:41:48

Ltb

notanyanymore Sun 14-Jul-13 08:32:17

lol so did I! Rows get so dull, I'd have enjoyed some kind of off the wall grand finale, ho hum back to the same old (I used to quite fancy Jonathon Creek too)

QOD Sun 14-Jul-13 08:28:11

Oh sad

I hoped we'd find out he'd done a Luther style slither out from under the bed grin

notanyanymore Sun 14-Jul-13 08:27:02

sorry forgot to update, it was all very dull! he's come back, put the stuff on the side (as some kind of appology) and then gone to the pub with the neighbour! no mystery just broken locks... I was quite disappointed by the dullness of it all, no ninja'ing out the windows, no vapourisation, just a normal old bog standard row (complete with him going to my MUM's to moan a bout me!!) But the trip to the pub with the neighbour was new!

Zing was Galaxy wink

ZingWidge Sun 14-Jul-13 00:06:39

is Sharon behind this?
are the spiders in the shed all dead?

what kind of chocolate was it?

wherw is everyone? confused

DoJo Sun 14-Jul-13 00:06:38

I've just been sitting here thinking about how meta this thread has gone. Now I'm wondering if it's like one of those annoying films where the whole 'mystery' of the ending is supposed to be the point. I hate those films.

seasalt Sun 14-Jul-13 00:06:13

is he sitting in the car?

ScrambledSmegs Sat 13-Jul-13 23:53:35

It's like the Mystery of Edwin Drood. We'll never know the answer.

Oh Stealth I hope the possibly ill dcs are ok.

If op comes back I hope she is ashamed at leaving us all hanging like this.

absentmindeddooooodles Sat 13-Jul-13 23:40:41

Shamelessly place marking. God god op come back and tell us where he is!!!

DoJo Sat 13-Jul-13 23:31:58

Heavens to Betsy - is it possible to get MNHQ to track down the OP and demand satisfaction? Otherwise I'm thinking of organising a whip round for the cost of a private detective (or possibly Jonathan Creek himself) to resolve this one.

Personally I think unless the op has also gone througb the vortex she should be BANNED for this

Ha ill have you know I mn perfectly well when drunk but my phone defeats mesmile

I have had a drink as im at a party smile but its te last as I am watching possibly sick children?

Um yes, a little one or three

blush again

sittinginthesun Sat 13-Jul-13 22:05:46

Had a drunk, TheOne?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now