I have a Jonathon Creek style mystery on my hands...

(113 Posts)
notanyanymore Thu 11-Jul-13 21:06:29

Me and dp had a row, he went out. I'm sat in the study and over the noise of the computer/fan I thought I maybe heard the back door go... couple of mins, bit more banging then nothing. So I went to check. On the side in the kitchen has appeared a bottle of diet coke and a big bar of galaxy. But no sign of dp. His car is on the drive, have searched the whole house (even cupboards etc) no sign. The weird thing? Both doors are locked by keys ON THE INSIDE!!! You can't have a key in the lock on one side and lock it from the other. So, has he done a Houdini on me?....

TheFallenNinja Thu 11-Jul-13 21:18:23

Is anything levitating?

Are there any unusual portals to the underworld open anywhere?

500internalerror Thu 11-Jul-13 21:18:33

Door wasn't locked. He left you the Chocolate of Peace & has left again to give you space...

edam Thu 11-Jul-13 21:19:43

I'm going with Lovebeingupat4, eat the damn chocolate, he'll turn up fast enough. Or he won't, but you'll have a tummy full of chocolate. Win win. grin

GlitterFingers Thu 11-Jul-13 21:21:52

I need to know the answer!!! Where is he? Jonathan creek makes me crazy because I just can't wait to find out how they did it

do you have children?

notanyanymore Thu 11-Jul-13 21:24:23

I'm definately going to have to wait up for him to get home now because I'm intrigued! I was going to go to bed early in a strop but he's got around that one the cheeky bugger!
Must be the whole key on the inside of the lock thing doesn't work anymore I suppose. Ah well, I am enjoying the chocolate!

OP admit it. You murdered him, stuffed his body under the patio, and all this hand wringing and confusion is part of your very cunning defence strategy

(FWIW I think he will be fine and as confused as you as how the key got turned)

Are you sure the door is locked? Not just a stiff handle?

notanyanymore Thu 11-Jul-13 21:25:15

Yes baby is in bed fast asleep, older 2 are having a sleep over. I've checked their room, he's not there!

notanyanymore Thu 11-Jul-13 21:27:12

Ha! I did wonder if this might seem like an alibi, I have mentioned burying him under a patio a few times lately... (post natal hormonal)
Yes it definately was locked, I had to unlock it to check he wasn't in the garden or sat in his car

hmm
spontaneous combustion?

Dackyduddles Thu 11-Jul-13 21:41:55

Stealth, servants wing...? Intriguing....

:grin

Awww, good peace offering and space-creating disappearance. Good one mrnot

kiss the bastard!

Update?

Has ths op gone through the same portal?

Where was he?

VivaLeBeaver Fri 12-Jul-13 07:18:01

Was he in bed. I once started a thread on MN as I couldn't find dh when I came back from work one evening. Dd was sure he'd gone out.

After thirty mins I looked in the bedroom and he was in bed! He's never in bed that early in the evenings so I hadn't even looked.

Trazzletoes Fri 12-Jul-13 07:27:07

Oooh intriguing!

YoniMontana Fri 12-Jul-13 07:32:33

Where was he?!

GlitterFingers Fri 12-Jul-13 07:39:02

Come back op I need to know blush

WandaDoff Fri 12-Jul-13 07:42:02

Yes, where was he?

imtheonlyone Fri 12-Jul-13 07:44:23

Did you find him??

YoniMatopoeia Fri 12-Jul-13 07:47:24

Have you found him yet?

LandOfSpareOom Fri 12-Jul-13 08:18:59

Have you also disappeared??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now