Is it ok to wear a black dress to a summer day wedding?

(13 Posts)
Wahla Thu 11-Jul-13 19:02:20

Pretty and elegant - go for it.

facedontfit Thu 11-Jul-13 18:53:30

Lovely dress, go for it! Can I borrow it after the wedding? grin

dee51975 Mon 08-Jul-13 15:11:36

aww thanks everyone for replying, sis says its lovely too she doesn't mind if I wear black, I rarely wear dresses anyway so been so hard trying to find something I actually like!! Think I'll take reggiebeans advice and go for it!!!

I have no issue with anyone wearing black to my own wedding, and this isn't just a black dress and looks lovely. Go for it.

TeamSouthfields Mon 08-Jul-13 15:09:30

I was going to say no...
But then i saw it... Its nice.... So yes

mamalovebird Mon 08-Jul-13 15:09:29

I have worn a black dress to the last three weddings I went to but wore a cream vintage style bolero and a flower and pearls etc to brighten it up in the day. Maybe get a bright clutch bag to lift it. Beautiful dress you've chosen, I think it would be fine.

I think black looks very elegant. My bridesmaids were in floor length black gowns and I thought they looked beautiful.

Keztrel Mon 08-Jul-13 15:05:53

I like that, and it's not all black so looks pretty and weddingy to me. I don't think anyone, unless they're very traditional or conservative, will mind you wearing black. What does your sister and her fiance think? It's their wedding, I'd go with what they say!

karinmaria Mon 08-Jul-13 15:05:22

I think it's lovely and the flowers make it more summery. You could accessorise with a brightly coloured clutch bag if you're going for silver heels.

reggiebean Mon 08-Jul-13 15:04:11

I was about to say no, I don't think you should ever wear a plain black dress to a wedding, but that one is gorgeous, and I think the flowers really lighten it up!

Go for it!

Weegiemum Mon 08-Jul-13 15:04:05

Watching this as my cousin is getting married soon and I have my eye on a lovely black maxi dress with a lace back. I think it's easier to wear black in the summer somehow - doesn't seem so solemn when the sun is shining!

dee51975 Mon 08-Jul-13 15:03:11
dee51975 Mon 08-Jul-13 15:01:36

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_008010841660_-1

dee51975 Mon 08-Jul-13 14:15:28

My sister gets married in a month and I was wondering if it would be ok to wear a black dress to the wedding? The dress is from debenhams, it's Jenny packham, black mesh prom with white daisies on it, it's lovely but I'm worried u shouldn't wear black, what do other people think? The dress is still on the website I was going to wear with silver high heel sandals

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now