Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career ×

Help - how can I say 'no' politely?

(10 Posts)
LemonPeculiarJones Tue 18-Jun-13 19:51:52

That way, you are making it clear the will be no cosy sleepovers - and you can also brush her off when she does make the request, if you want to!

LemonPeculiarJones Tue 18-Jun-13 19:46:45

Just say sure, if I'm free at the time you can pop in for a coffee.

NaturalBlondeYeahRight Tue 18-Jun-13 19:39:33

Families, am ignoring ATM, shall I post lots of 'oh my life is soooooo hectic' status updatesgrin
Ipswich? Do people not visit Ipswich? Is it scary?
She said, oh I know x town. I can come and visit next time I'm there. No sleepovers mentioned (do you think she might want to?)

AuntieStella Tue 18-Jun-13 19:35:34

"Yes, I'd love to meet up. I'm afraid we simply can't have guests here for now, but would you like me to send you a list of local B&Bs?"

BOF Tue 18-Jun-13 19:34:31

Tell her Ipswich.

FamiliesShareGerms Tue 18-Jun-13 19:33:38

You could just ignore the message <ducks the issue>

BeauNidle Tue 18-Jun-13 19:33:31

just reply x town. If any further questions asked say you would love to meet up someday, but at the moment your life is a bit manic. Then drift away.

DawnOfTheDee Tue 18-Jun-13 19:33:22

How strange. Has she specifically asked to come and stay with you? Or is it more of a 'where are you now, we should meet up' type scenario?

NaturalBlondeYeahRight Tue 18-Jun-13 19:32:23

Neon??? Bloody autocorrect.

NaturalBlondeYeahRight Tue 18-Jun-13 19:31:40

An old work friend has added neon FB, we used to get on quite well (14 years ago!!) so I accepted. First thing she does is ask where I live so that she can come and visit. Eek, we don't even live very close.

I'm happy to chat to people I like online but to put it bluntly, don't really want someone I knew ages ago to come visiting <rude, I know>

Help me put her off, please MN.
I've had FB since the beginning, no one has ever wanted to come visit [unsociable emoticon]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now