Help - how can I say 'no' politely?

(10 Posts)
NaturalBlondeYeahRight Tue 18-Jun-13 19:31:40

An old work friend has added neon FB, we used to get on quite well (14 years ago!!) so I accepted. First thing she does is ask where I live so that she can come and visit. Eek, we don't even live very close.

I'm happy to chat to people I like online but to put it bluntly, don't really want someone I knew ages ago to come visiting <rude, I know>

Help me put her off, please MN.
I've had FB since the beginning, no one has ever wanted to come visit [unsociable emoticon]

NaturalBlondeYeahRight Tue 18-Jun-13 19:32:23

Neon??? Bloody autocorrect.

DawnOfTheDee Tue 18-Jun-13 19:33:22

How strange. Has she specifically asked to come and stay with you? Or is it more of a 'where are you now, we should meet up' type scenario?

BeauNidle Tue 18-Jun-13 19:33:31

just reply x town. If any further questions asked say you would love to meet up someday, but at the moment your life is a bit manic. Then drift away.

FamiliesShareGerms Tue 18-Jun-13 19:33:38

You could just ignore the message <ducks the issue>

BOF Tue 18-Jun-13 19:34:31

Tell her Ipswich.

AuntieStella Tue 18-Jun-13 19:35:34

"Yes, I'd love to meet up. I'm afraid we simply can't have guests here for now, but would you like me to send you a list of local B&Bs?"

NaturalBlondeYeahRight Tue 18-Jun-13 19:39:33

Families, am ignoring ATM, shall I post lots of 'oh my life is soooooo hectic' status updatesgrin
Ipswich? Do people not visit Ipswich? Is it scary?
She said, oh I know x town. I can come and visit next time I'm there. No sleepovers mentioned (do you think she might want to?)

LemonPeculiarJones Tue 18-Jun-13 19:46:45

Just say sure, if I'm free at the time you can pop in for a coffee.

LemonPeculiarJones Tue 18-Jun-13 19:51:52

That way, you are making it clear the will be no cosy sleepovers - and you can also brush her off when she does make the request, if you want to!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now