WWYD re baby clothes

(5 Posts)
vvviola Tue 18-Jun-13 17:51:35

One of the women at DD2's crèche is about to go on maternity leave for her first baby. She has regularly commented on DD's clothes - more particularly the hand knitted stuff (done by me & also gifts from friends). We talked recently about how she loves hand knit stuff but has no knitters in her family/friends.

I was planning to knit something small for the baby. The thing is, I have some lovely pieces that DD has grown out of, and as we've moved away from family & friends I have nobody to pass them on to.

I was thinking of bundling them up and offering them to her - kind of "you said you liked them, they'd go to the charity shop otherwise". Or would that be weird seeing as I only know her through DD's crèche?

WWYD?

HappyHippyChick Tue 18-Jun-13 17:52:53

That sounds like a lovely thing to do and I wouldn't find bit wierd at all.

smallandimperfectlyformed Tue 18-Jun-13 17:53:43

I also think that's lovely, it's not weird at all.

MummyAbroad Tue 18-Jun-13 17:56:20

Can you just ask her if she would like them? I've done this, I explained that I have some "nice" clothes to give away, and asked "do you need anymore clothes, or do you have enough already?" One time I handed over the bundle at the same time as a "proper" gift of new clothes/a toy as I was invited to her baby shower, but another time it was someone I didnt know so well so I just gave her the second hand clothes.

Not strange at all - lovely in fact!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now