Help! Googled DS and found some very inappropriate information, what can I do?

(6 Posts)
debbielong Sun 23-Jun-13 16:54:27

I managed to speed this up by registering with Google, as you suggested Greenfolder, and going to this section:
http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1663688
I then selected "Remove content that’s not live" and followed the instructions. This allows you to request that the search information shown by Google is removed if the web page no longer matches it. They ask you to give them a word that is in the Google search results but no longer on the web page (because the web page has been deleted or changed). The info was deleted within the hour.
Hope this is of help to someone who needs to delete info or pictures from Google!
Now to sort out why DS did this in the first place!

debbielong Wed 19-Jun-13 18:41:41

Thank you, horrible situation but I think we may have a result. I contacted ChildNet who were very helpful. I then contacted the dating web people again mentioning ChildNet, the page was removed in minutes! We now have the residual Google search information showing, I'm told this will take up to 7 days to disappear!

greenfolder Tue 18-Jun-13 21:45:36

I had this with dd and a site. You need to create a gmail account to request them to remove. The original site needs to take the info down and then google will remove from their system. It was taken down by google overnight.

debbielong Tue 18-Jun-13 10:48:04

We have already done that, but the profile and Google link is still there. He is now locked out of his account and they seem to be really difficult to contact... it's Badoo, they seem to have a reputation for this kind of thing, lots of complaints online about not being able to delete accounts.

WeAreEternal Tue 18-Jun-13 10:42:07

Can you go direct to the site and ask them to remove the info from their website? then it shouldn't come up on a google search.

debbielong Tue 18-Jun-13 10:38:18

I Googled my 17 year old son's name and found some very inappropriate info from a dating site on the first page. I've been trying to find out how to ask Google to delete it through their maze of information but I'm very shaken and panicking and can't find the correct way to do this. Can anyone guide me through?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now