Is toddler modelling a good idea?

(5 Posts)
zaarin2003 Sun 02-Jun-13 08:24:18

So, we have identical twins and like most parents are struggling financially to support them. Being the proud father I am, and thinking they could help put money into their own future savings with their looks, I decided to send some photos to a selection of modelling agencies (BizzyKidz, Elizabeth Smith, Norrie Carr etc) and thus far all have invited the boys (2 years old) to join their books subject to a mock photoshoot assessment.

There is an initial outlay of around £100 each to join their books and half of that is payable before the camera assessment.

I'm just a bit wary. I mean, they are 2 year old boys, double trouble, and so no they are not always well behaved, sometimes shy, sometimes not, so quite unpredictable. At least one agency has stated they need to be well behaved and to be able to take direction (they're not talking yet but understand yes/no so directions do not always work). Others appear to have more reasonable expectations.

Does anyone have any experience of these agencies? They say they only invite you if they feel your child will be an asset to them but it would be in their own interests to invite as many as possible to a photoshoot/assessment keep the money and tell them it wouldn't work out.

If anyone has any experience with what is expected, opinion on whether to go for it or other general experiences Id be grateful to hear.

Matt

MonstersDontCry Sun 02-Jun-13 08:27:29

I was always under the impression that you shouldn't have to pay anything to get on the books of modelling agencies?

zaarin2003 Sun 02-Jun-13 08:34:54

I've read quite a lot about it and it seems pretty normal. The ones I listed in my OP are some of the biggest agencies in the uk so should be legit. But yes, that's what I thought too.

MummaBubba123 Sun 02-Jun-13 21:40:27

I think you pay to get little ones on their books

TheEarlOf Sat 22-Jun-13 21:50:38

My sister modelled as a child and my parents never paid

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now