Not taking ds out in the pouring rain so that I can have a cup of coffee?

(11 Posts)
wibblyjelly Wed 29-May-13 13:03:29

Its all cancelled for today. One of the other group didn't have access to a car either, so we have rearranged for next week.

DeafLeopard Wed 29-May-13 11:52:14

What fieldfare said

wibblyjelly Wed 29-May-13 11:48:27

Thanks all, I just wasn't sure if it was a bit pfb! Its bad enough walking up that hill when its nice, but it would be awful if I was cold, wet and miserable. I don't mind skipping this week, it will be nice just to relax at home with ds smile

howcomes Wed 29-May-13 11:47:09

I'd cancel too, wouldn't think twice about it either. As someone else suggested mumsnet and a cup far better option!

blondiep14 Wed 29-May-13 11:45:11

I'd definitely cancel!
You could invite them to yours if you don't want to ask someone to pick you up maybe?

fieldfare Wed 29-May-13 11:44:58

Text them all and ask one of them to pop to the shops for cake and you can make them all coffee at yours!
Win win.

As someone else who doesn't have access to a car every day I feel your pain! I would either cancel or invite them to my house instead.

Tommy Wed 29-May-13 11:43:30

OR text a couple of them and say you're not coming cos it's raining and the bus etc and someone might offer to come and pick you up. Or you could just ask someone to come and pick you up

TempusFuckit Wed 29-May-13 11:42:40

Yes, I'd cancel without a second thought.

Tommy Wed 29-May-13 11:42:10

make yourself a cup of coffee and chat to other mums on MN smile

wibblyjelly Wed 29-May-13 11:40:49

Ds is 8 months, and once a week, we meet up with my nct group. They all have access to cars during the week, whereas I don't. They like to meet somewhere which involves a 25 minute walk uphill to a bus stop, and a 15 minute bus journey for me. I don't normally mind doing this, however, today it looks like it is about to pour down with rain. Trying to handle the buggy, and an umbrella is difficult, so I'll probably end up getting soaked. I know its only a bit of rain, but for the sake of one cup of coffee, I'm not sure it will be worth the effort.
Would you cancel? They will still meet anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now