How would you feel if your phone bill had been emailed to someone else?

(7 Posts)
softsteady Mon 17-Jun-13 23:24:46

That's a serious data protection breach - I'd make a complaint to the information commissioner's office!

www.ico.org.uk/complaints

Booyhoo Wed 22-May-13 10:38:08

i would get very angry and very vocal about this. this is shitty shitty service and not acceptable at all. squeaky wheel gets the oil and all that.

and yes. let that man know his details are being sent to strangers.

CajaDeLaMemoria Wed 22-May-13 10:37:17

Bizarrely I've had this four times this month. Same company, different phone bills. One even included a passport scan. They don't seem to care, though.

CocktailQueen Wed 22-May-13 10:32:34

Contact him. And also write to the MD of the phone company and tell them just what has been happening and complain,. Shout really loudly. That works best. Then change phone provider.

ilooklikegrotbagstoday Wed 22-May-13 10:28:08

I will definitely let him know. I want to know if he requested an email and has been sent my bill!

quoteunquote Tue 21-May-13 22:29:30

Ring him up, you have his number and let him know the company are giving out his private information.

ilooklikegrotbagstoday Tue 21-May-13 21:40:19

I have just spent the last hour on to my mobile phone provider trying to sort out a dispute that has been going on for months. Every month there seems to be a different problem.

This month i have been charged an obscene amount of money for 0845 numbers that i haven't called. Due to some sort of data protection the girl said she wasn't able to give me the numbers over the phone but could email me a copy of the itemised bill so i could see for myself. Their webite seemed so complicated i couldn't retrieve the bill online.

Put the phone down, went into my email and i have been sent the bill of some poor gentleman, who has no idea that i have his full name, address, phone number and phone numbers of probably all his friends and family.

I am completely confused now as i wasn't allowed a number from my own bill as this was against data protection but have lots of info about a complete stranger, and who have they sent my information to? Should i be concerned if they have sent my bill to someone else? Would you want to know if you were the other gentleman?

It's too late to call the phone company now but will first thing in the morning but not sure how cross i should be about it. I realise it was a mistake but i'm not sure how serious it is. So how would you feel and what would you do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now