Sleeeeeeeeep!

(2 Posts)
LimitedEditionLady Sat 13-Jul-13 06:17:41

Hi we went through the same thing.we went from our bed,to falling asleep downstairs and taking him up and eventually he slept in his own bed.We worked out that the reason he screamed the house down when we put him in his own bed was that he had fallen asleep downstairs and was upset when we moved him as when he opened his eyes he didnt know where he was.obviously its unsettling moving them.I dealt with this by putting him straight in the cot and yes he was crying but he wasnt in pain or in danger so thats nit a bad thing and i just sat with him until he settled to sleep.i just soothed him to calm him down and didnt leave him until he was asleep.then was the transition to putting him down awake!lol its all normal x

Crankyindy Fri 17-May-13 11:55:58

I am after a bit of advice please...my daughter has recently turned one and has previously been an excellent sleeper (she slept all night from around 8 weeks).

She's been in her own room for the past 6 months and slept fine up until a couple of weeks ago when she was really poorly and just wouldn't settle on her own - she'd get upset to the point of almost choking...and so we had her in our bed (controversial I know!) and she would sleep ok with us.

We've tried letting her fall asleep on us in a chair in her room and even letting her fall asleep in her bed and then try returning her to her cot...but as soon as we try and put her down she starts screaming.

I know she's teething at the moment but I can't carry on letting her sleep in our bed as I fear she'll be there until she's 3 years old!

Does anyone have any experience of this and any advice??? Should I just let her cry for a while and tire herself out? How long would you let her cry for?

Any help would be most appreciated - thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now