Ds (y1) punched in face, head butted & bitten by child in class

(28 Posts)
devonsmummy Wed 08-May-13 21:06:44

Over the last 8 weeks my ds has been bitten on the hand, 'nutted' on the forehead and punched in the face by the same child in his class.
I have spoken to the teacher the day after every incident & she has assured me they are aware of his behaviour & he has a TA with him at all break / lunch times as he can't be left unsupervised.
My gripe is that these things have happened in the class during the working day.
It was raised by DH & myself at parents evening & we were told a close eye would be kept in the situation.
Yesterday the child tried to bite Ds again. Ds hadn't told teacher or TA so I had a quick word at the school dior this morning.
Tonight ds burst into tears when I gave him wrong desert. After a bit of coaxing it came out how sad he is at school - his actual words were I'm sad, angry & frustrated because of 'X'
We had an hour long chat to get it all out & I've said I'll speak to the head.
Should I just turn up at the school office in the morning & explain I need to see Head now .... Or would I be better emailing the school now?
Ds doesn't want to go in tomorrow & I really don't blame him.
I've asked ds everyday if there were any incidents today and he'd given no indication that it was affecting him so much. He seemed to brush it off saying its 'X' & he doesn't know how to behave properly!
In feeling like a crap mum right now and don't really know they to do for the best!
hmm

ducklady Mon 10-Jun-13 19:36:23

We are in exactly the same situation. My ds teacher told me that hitting was this boys way of communication whereas my ds was verbal.record and photograph every injury.I did a thread last week about it.your welcome to pm me.

morethanpotatoprints Mon 10-Jun-13 19:42:55

I think situations like this are unacceptable.
Whatever the politics, policies procedures are its so wrong.
I would kick up such a fuss until something is done tbh. I know the child may have behavioural issues or sen, but your child should not fear going to school.
I don't think schools should be able to say well x child behaves like this, so we have this in place, if it isn't working.

lljkk Mon 24-Jun-13 20:18:00

I wonder if OP could update?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now