family bereavment

(3 Posts)
gillian82 Tue 30-Apr-13 17:11:50

Just recently myself 3 sisters and brother lost our father, we have been devestated by this as you can imagine. Our youngest sister is 18 and was his biological daughter, our dad divorced our mum years ago but we all stuck together, our relationship didn't change at all, even after our mum remarried every xmas, family party or holiday was all together. 20 years as being our father we have suddenly been left with a big hole in our family, but now we know that as we have been grieving our younger sister has appointed herself to be in charge of all financial things and has taken all documents away and won't tell us anything like we don't matter, from the first night she has removed things from the house including paperwork without us seeing, we are now asking what's happening with things and she is being very secretive , we find it hard to believe there wasn't a Will he would of wanted us to all benefit as well as his 5 grandchildren really don't know what to do???

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Wed 01-May-13 00:06:52

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. thanks

I would suggest posting something on the MoneySavingExpert forum. There is a special section relating to wills and lots of helpful and knowledgable people who will give advice.

There has to be a reason that your sister is being so secretive and I bet that is because she is up to no good. What about calling an urgent family meeting?

However difficult it is it may be best to try and deal with this as quickly and effectively as possible, obviously this is hard to do as I am sure you are all upset and don't want to be dealing with anything unpleasant.

I hope it works out ok.

gillian82 Wed 01-May-13 08:56:31

Thankyou for your reply I Will check out money expert forum, we have tried a meeting but she won't turn up or Will go to dads house when we are not tgere, I do believe she is up to no good like you say, don't want to go down the route of solicitors but think we might need too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now