What is your biggest regret???

(23 Posts)
HoveringKestrel Tue 30-Apr-13 02:28:18

Mine is giving up gymnastics.

I can still do it here and there, but I know, with training, I could have been amazing.

What is yours?

Auntlinny Tue 30-Apr-13 02:55:45

Giving up singing. I have a strong classical voice and when I was younger it was amazing. I could have perhaps been an opera singer. Alas i was too lazy.

LimitedEditionLady Tue 30-Apr-13 13:51:01

Not going to uni and now i cant afford to go to college whilst working part time and have a child.but in the not so far future i will.

Marrying my ex. But then I wouldn't have my kids, so it's a difficult one.

EggsMichelle Wed 01-May-13 17:54:38

Being lazy at college at and not getting the a levels I needed to be a marine biologist. I'm a nurse now and love it, but would have preferred to work with sea mammals.

wibblyjelly Sun 05-May-13 13:49:07

Another one for singing. I don't think I could have made a career out of it, but I do wonder what if....

Notsoyummymummy1 Mon 06-May-13 22:32:03

Interesting most people regret what they didn't do!

elQuintoConyo Mon 06-May-13 22:39:48

A couple of stupid friendships that went sour - should've seen them coming, I was very used.

Going back to a foreign country for six months without the man I fell in love with; trusting my boss when she said my job would be there waiting for me (er, it wasn't); subsequently being poor, bored, lonely and downright miserable. Worst six months of my life. (But, reader, I married the boyfriend!)

I regret saying 'yes' to a job I know I'm going to hate which means I'm going to miss so much of DS's life for the next year, he's only 17mo <sniff sniff>

FunnysInLaJardin Mon 06-May-13 22:41:44

none at all. I can't regret my decisions otherwise my life wouldn't be as it is now. My mantra has always been never regret anything. Je regret rien or summit

Beamur Mon 06-May-13 22:42:44

Not having children sooner, but that's just the way it's worked out.

OnTheNingNangNong Mon 06-May-13 22:45:45

Having children so young. I love them but I wish I had a few more years of adulthood and a career first.

But I will have adult children before I'm 40, so swings and roundabouts smile

Doodledumdums Mon 06-May-13 22:47:41

Not going to veterinary school.

Wasting my university years with an abusive tosspot boyfriend.

Getting fat! (Though I can't deny that the cakes and sweets tasted good at the time!)

But out of the three things, not being a vet is probably my biggest regret.

sydlexic Mon 06-May-13 22:50:04

Je ne regretta rien.

Shutupanddrive Fri 10-May-13 09:34:16

Getting into debt. I am on top of it now, though it will take me a while to pay it all back. I will never forget that horrible sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.
I don't have a credit card, overdraft or cheque book these days and that's how it will stay, never again

Nishky Fri 10-May-13 09:36:19

not getting rid of toxic friends sooner and letting them drag my confidence down

although that did contribute to me being very choosy now counts friends on fingers of one hand

Brices Fri 10-May-13 09:44:19

Becoming a nurse
Regret contraception accident much prefer life before children
Wish I had been kinder grandchild

iamnowawhaticallmother Fri 10-May-13 09:50:42

biggest regret would be thinking having a boyfriend was the be all and end all and not education - wish i had tried! put in effort & gone to a better uni and done a better course.
If i had done this then i would have a better job - not trapped in a career that gives me a breakdown once a year (teaching). I would have more money & everything would have lead to a better place!

However .... i start a masters in sept at a brilliant uni so i feel like i am making up for the mistakes i made.

TWinklyLittleStar Fri 10-May-13 09:57:00

Not applying for a year in Japan teaching English. I stayed for a friend's wedding and my partner. That partner is now my ex and the 'friend' is a knobber sad

SirBoobAlot Fri 10-May-13 10:03:30

Going off the rails just before my GCSEs. The bullying got too much, and my mental health condition (then undiagnosed) went out of control. I still did okay, but I could have easily got straight A*s.

ladyjadie Fri 10-May-13 11:49:35

Putting boys men before everything else from ages 16-26 sad

iamnowawhaticallmother Fri 10-May-13 12:55:21

i hear you ladyjadie! i was / am exactly the same and i don't know why...

GibberTheMonkey Fri 10-May-13 13:13:24

Not going further with my education (to uni)
But I wouldn't change it because I wouldn't have met dh or had my dcs
And I would have still struggled with not knowing what to do.

IloveJudgeJudy Fri 10-May-13 14:53:01

Another here with not furthering my education. I should have gone to university. My father didn't want me to; he thought it was a waste of time, but I should have rebelled and gone, anyway. I'm having to do it now, at a much later time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now