Godmother dilema

(6 Posts)
mrspaddy Sun 28-Apr-13 11:59:17

I have no female siblings and DH wants family to be Godparents. Only problem is his sister is a b*tch. In a sneaky way. Now I have never let on I know she has said very nasty things about me that I have heard back though she has said to DH why don't we ever call up.
I have smiled my way through all family events and I will never bring up the hurt she has done. I have too much respect for DH and his parents and what good would it do. She is not just a b*tch to me.. she has made hurtful comments to me about other people. Too many to mentions here but when you know someone, you know them.
I will have to have her as Godmother. I love my brother so much that I could ask his wife and then have DH brother but I think that would hurt my brother.

SweepTheHalls Sun 28-Apr-13 12:05:06

you don't have to stick to specific combinations, my boys have 4 godparents each, as I wouldn't have wanted to offend the partners of whoever I would have chosen to fit with tradition. These 4 will care and guide my children as they grow up .

kinkyfuckery Sun 28-Apr-13 12:06:15

Forget how she acts with you, would she be a good guardian to your child?
Does your DH want his sister to be a godparent?
Could you have your brother and his wife, and your DH's sister and her husband?

OrangeLily Sun 28-Apr-13 12:10:06

Do you have a brother with a wife or partner. I'm godmother for my husband's brother's child.

mrspaddy Sun 28-Apr-13 12:25:49

Thank you for response.. I was actually thinking my DH Sis in Law (who I will call Jane), who is actually very kind to me.. Don't want to obviously make an issue of it. Now my DH was never Godparent for any of her five children but was for his brother and wife, hence this could be my way out of this. This could, perhaps look usual though. I know I could ring Jane and ask advice and would be more comfortable with on the day. DH opinion is, sure it is only an hour in a church.

mrspaddy Sun 28-Apr-13 12:26:57

When I say her five children... he wasn't godparent for his own sisters children.. she had friends for hers which is fair enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now