Birthday party on Father's Day.

(8 Posts)
MothershipG Fri 19-Apr-13 20:42:47

I like to make a bit of a fuss of DH on Father's Day so it nearly always gets moved to the following week as DD's birthday means that the weekend is usually dominated by a houseful of girls!

Saturday would be safer. DC1's birthday is always near or on FD too so I get it!

If he were invited to a party on FD I would selflessly let DH take him so they could spend quality time together grin grin grin

superbagpuss Fri 19-Apr-13 14:39:28

we are having DT birthday party on fathers day, all our extended family will be there as we would have got together anyway, and some friends as well. we gave lots of notice and kept it quite informal.
the only person to complain was dh but as he is having two birthday parties in may I told him to man up

Tommychoochoo Fri 19-Apr-13 14:10:02

Thanks for replies.smile I think we will go for the Saturday, were not really into Father's Day but I think some people are. If it was Mother's Day I would definitely do it the day before, I guess Father's Day should be no differentgrin

A 4yo party is only a couple of hours out of the day, so I don't think many people would have an issue with it. Maybe make it mid afternoon so people can have a nice lunch together if thats what they want.

Mama1980 Fri 19-Apr-13 11:22:24

Hi. I would definitely say have it on Saturday - we spend Father's Day visiting my grandad as a family and in my experience it seems a lot of others do similar too. I wouldn't change that for a party.

Doodledumdums Fri 19-Apr-13 11:21:29

It wouldn't worry me, we'd definitely go to the party, but neither my DH, my family or his family are bothered about Father's day, so that's why. However, I guess some people take it a lot more seriously.

Tommychoochoo Fri 19-Apr-13 11:16:24

Ds2 birthday is on Father's Day this year. He's in reception at school so first proper party with friends. I think we should have his party the day before on the Saturday but dh thinks that we should have it on his birthday. Wwyd and would you/dh/dp not go to a party on Father's Day because you want to spend it together.

Thanksgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now