1st day of the new cleaner coming....

(10 Posts)
nilbyname Tue 16-Apr-13 19:08:05

Thanks for the input,

I have been in touch and said nicely that it looked like she ran out of time as the bath and bathroom floor didn't get a good going over, and then said did she need me to get some different cleaning stuff in, was there a problem? I also said could I leave her a list next time.

She replied saying that she spent too much time doing the downstairs and bedrooms (to be fair DS and DDs rooms are spotless) but she would speed up and is happy to have a list. Also she asked for a couple of specific cleaning products.

Happy to give her another chance, so hopefully next week will be up to scratch.

Bowlersarm Tue 16-Apr-13 18:40:23

I may be a soft touch but I'd give her another chance. A poster on here recently who is a cleaner made a comment along the lines of how she gets much quicker at cleaning a house once she becomes more familiar with it.

Explain again clearly what is required of her, but don't keep her indefinitely if she doesn't improve to your standard.

CalamityKate Tue 16-Apr-13 18:39:04

See, I'm a cleaner and you tend to find yourself doing more as time goes on (up to a point of course) because you get into a routine.

Nevercan Tue 16-Apr-13 18:27:24

Explain again what you expect and ask if there are any time issues. See what happens next time and then decide....

purrpurr Tue 16-Apr-13 16:31:43

Find a new one straight away. The cleaners we had were absolutely amazing for weeks, until they gradually started leaving areas and doing less and less, so we got rid. By that point I was totally disillusioned with the whole thing, I'd fought hard for it and it was a total let down. I should have just approached a different firm as soon as standards dropped.

nilbyname Tue 16-Apr-13 16:28:42

It is a small house, and yes child free i could do those 2 jobs and more.

nilbyname Tue 16-Apr-13 16:28:14

Hmm....calamity I think you might be right! Bugger.

CalamityKate Tue 16-Apr-13 14:58:34

She's crap.

schobe Tue 16-Apr-13 14:56:17

Just ask next time whether she ran out of time for those jobs. If so, explain that you can do what you've asked comfortably in 2 hrs (can you?) and that it might take her a few weeks of getting used to the house/equipment to be able to do the same. If it's genuinely easily do-able and she does not agree, then find a new cleaner!

nilbyname Tue 16-Apr-13 14:52:12

And the loo and sink have been done, but not the bath and taps and floor. When we had teh initial interview/chat I explained clearly what I wanted doing-
In 2 hours,
vacuum upstairs,
proper clean of bathroom (only one) with tiles being wiped and floor moped
sweep and mop through down stairs,

If anytime left over, then please dust.

Down stairs is fine (no dusting) the house has been vacuumed, but the bath and the bathroom floor has not be cleaned.

Should I explain it again, but how?
Should I tell her not to come again?

Am gutted, really had to campaign DH to get a cleaner.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now