Take a break? Or put up?

(3 Posts)
ThoughtfulOne Mon 15-Apr-13 16:51:57

Thanks tumble. I do want to continue my career if I ever get to have a family but I would not plan on it being a high powered city career (although I know plenty of ladies do this I think you have to really love your job). The trouble is I've been hanging on for this job change as a solution to my feeling like a reproductive failure and (obviously it hasn't worked). I know I just need to wait it out and hopefully it will get better.

tumbletumble Mon 15-Apr-13 16:17:52

Sorry to hear about the ectopics - that must have been awful.

It sounds like you think it's either family or career, but it needn't be like that - lots of women manage to combine the two. Are you still TTC?

The first week of any new job is stressful. I think you need to give it a bit more of a chance before you make a decision.

ThoughtfulOne Mon 15-Apr-13 16:09:08

Last year I had 2 ectopic pregnancies. I got fed up losing babies and thought I should focus on my career instead. So I've just started a new high powered job in the city (leaving my family friendly job behind - because I may never have kids). I am only a week in and I know I'm being silly but I know this isn't what I want either I feel stress and pressure just being here. How can I pretend I want to be a career women when what I actually want is a family. Should I just put up and hope the family thing works out or take a break?

What would you do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now