Take a break? Or put up?

(3 Posts)
ThoughtfulOne Mon 15-Apr-13 16:51:57

Thanks tumble. I do want to continue my career if I ever get to have a family but I would not plan on it being a high powered city career (although I know plenty of ladies do this I think you have to really love your job). The trouble is I've been hanging on for this job change as a solution to my feeling like a reproductive failure and (obviously it hasn't worked). I know I just need to wait it out and hopefully it will get better.

X

tumbletumble Mon 15-Apr-13 16:17:52

Sorry to hear about the ectopics - that must have been awful.

It sounds like you think it's either family or career, but it needn't be like that - lots of women manage to combine the two. Are you still TTC?

The first week of any new job is stressful. I think you need to give it a bit more of a chance before you make a decision.

ThoughtfulOne Mon 15-Apr-13 16:09:08

Last year I had 2 ectopic pregnancies. I got fed up losing babies and thought I should focus on my career instead. So I've just started a new high powered job in the city (leaving my family friendly job behind - because I may never have kids). I am only a week in and I know I'm being silly but I know this isn't what I want either I feel stress and pressure just being here. How can I pretend I want to be a career women when what I actually want is a family. Should I just put up and hope the family thing works out or take a break?

What would you do?

Thanks

X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now