Forgot 45th wedding anniversary

(7 Posts)
WorrySighWorrySigh Sun 14-Apr-13 21:08:40

I can see that it is nice of you to remember their anniversary but surely the key is that it is their anniversary. I am guessing that at the time they got married you werent around. So, while it is nice of you to send a card it is up to them to decide whether or not to make a fuss.

Mind, I write as one who was regularly guilted by DM (for whom Hallmark was invented) to remember every single sodding event with an appropriate card.

We have decided not to involve our DCs in our wedding anniversary celebrations unless we choose to.

PoppyWearer Sat 13-Apr-13 23:10:26

My parents recently had their 45th anniversary and I only realised on the day, which we spent with them, and felt awful about only giving a card and two beautiful grandchildren.

We did make a big deal of their 40th.

We had a coincidental family meal the next day, at our place, which assuaged my guilt a teeny bit.

Have also been guilty of this with 65th birthdays for my parents, PILs, aunts and uncles. A big deal to them as it's retirement age, didn't even occur to me until after the event! <kicks self>

Snazzynewyear Sat 13-Apr-13 22:56:40

IMO other than 25th the -5 ending anniversaries are just the same as normal ones, although I suppose anything after 30 is a milestone worth celebrating these days. I wouldn't feel too bad about it. For my parents I have done special stuff for 25, 30 and 40 but not for other years.

Shootingstar100 Sat 13-Apr-13 22:52:42

45 is sapphire! Just rang & seems my brother has completely forgotten!! At least I remembered! My mum said she didn't expect me to buy them sapphires!! gringrinI have ordered a lucky silver sixpence from Amazon, it will only be a few days late!! Better make sure their 50th is in my diary though!! wink

MoaningYoniWhingesAgain Sat 13-Apr-13 21:32:26

I honestly don't expect anyone else but my husband to remember our anniversary. We have both forgot in the past too!

flubba Sat 13-Apr-13 21:27:50

Oops. Is 45 that special though? ignoramus that I am

Call them and ask if they had a lovely day and surprise them with a visit tomorrow (pretending you'd thought they'd have rather spent their anniversary à deux )

Shootingstar100 Sat 13-Apr-13 21:07:23

Only just realised it's my parents' 45th anniversary-thought it was just an ordinary one!! Sent cards but feel bad now for not visiting or buying something special!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now