bitchy parents. why?

(35 Posts)
rainbowslollipops Fri 12-Apr-13 19:58:10

a group of mums I thought I was friends with seem to have become bitchy and cold shouldered to me and my daughter and I've noticed its stemmed from one woman. I get the little snide comments about the fact dd goes to a childminder while I'm at work, my boyfriend works in a supermarket and anything else they can pick out. we used to take our kids out together, now they don't even consider me but happily organise it in front of me. I've tried asking what I've done and wipe the slate clean but they just carried on and I keep telling myself chuck them, you don't need them but it keeps coming back to me. It's starting to rub off on the others now which is awful since I live next door to one of them. Why is that woman doing this to me? Why is she turning others against me? I've been polite and nice heck I even invited them round for lunch. I didn't want to but I made the effort and didn't.get a thanks for that. what I don't get is that the one woman is happy to bitch about me but won't talk to me yet she's also happy to find out from others such as my mum what I've been doing. if you don't like me don't get involved with me. simple isn't it?

LimitedEditionLady Tue 16-Apr-13 15:20:35

Jeez ungrateful?just say hi to your neighbour and leave it at that unless she speaks to you.go about your life with a smile on your face in front of these people.you will make new acquaintances in life and see that not all grown women are as ridiculous as this.sorry forgot to ask before.what is wrong with dd going to a childminder while you work?you are going to work!

rainbowslollipops Tue 16-Apr-13 15:59:25

Apparently the fact that I'm leaving her with a stranger. hmm I've not used a childminder before but I think it's safe so say I've found the right one for my dd when she says "I can't wait for you to work mummy so I can go to my childminders". I'm earning a living. It's what people do. Can't do anything right.

LimitedEditionLady Tue 16-Apr-13 19:34:53

LOL LOL LOL!OMG! These people are ridiculous!! Shes not a stranger she's a childcare professional!! God they'd hate me my son goes to a....NURSERY! with loads of strangers and people I don't know!Bad parent alert! Lol.

rainbowslollipops Tue 16-Apr-13 19:52:04

oh my how dare you leave your son in the capable hands of childcare professionals. You are above and beyond awful wink.

LimitedEditionLady Wed 17-Apr-13 18:09:44

I know what was i thinking?its just neglect plain and simple.so you seen 'the witches' today?any been past on their brooms?

rainbowslollipops Wed 17-Apr-13 18:32:07

Yes. The woman who instigates it all called me and told me we need to clear the air. So I sat and listened to her telling me that they went out of their way to help me, that I've not been nice to them, I've upset them all and I'm moody. I hang around with one friend they don't like a lot as well. So I said I don't want to be a part of your group if I'm going to end up getting myself in a state like this. We can be civil and say hello but you will not be calling me or being my friend on facebook because I don't want you on there. She then said the others might call you I said I don't care, I don't wanna hear it, I'm happier and me again without you.

LimitedEditionLady Wed 17-Apr-13 19:31:40

Well issue kinda solved!

furbaby Wed 17-Apr-13 19:50:36

Can never understand why some people behave like this sad its seems like they have sad little lives and can only feel better by making someone the enemy and turning others against them .
My dd (grown up) went through this and it upset her so much , she was even to scared to do the school run because of nasty comments
but time has passed and people have started to turn against the bully because they realise they could be the next victim to the ringleader ,
The ringleader now has only 1 friend left smile
It is no different than school .
Stay strong op its not you its HER you know your a better person grin

rainbowslollipops Thu 18-Apr-13 05:47:06

I feel better. I feel like for once they've tried to walk over me and I've put my foot down. grin

Flowersandtea Mon 20-May-13 11:22:52

Rainbow
You sound lovely to me and just the type of person I would love as a friend. Good luck in moving on, you deserve better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now