What special things do you do for your Godchildren?

(6 Posts)
Ami30 Mon 08-Apr-13 17:01:14

Yesterday myself and my husband became Godparents to our wonderful Godson which was a great honor. He is only 10 months old and as I see it our role starts now. I was wondering what other Godparents do to mark/encourage this special relationship. Leaving aside the religious aspects for the this post we had ideas such as always making sure we take him out on the anniversary of his Christening, special trips, putting something away for his future...

I was just interested in what other people do or would do?

Thanks x

givemeaclue Mon 08-Apr-13 17:05:32

Its lovely you are thinking about this. As its a religious role, perhaps taking him to church and spending time with him on religious holidays etc. Supporting his spiritual development and being there for key moments in his life.

Babycino81 Thu 11-Apr-13 23:00:07

Congrats!!! Personally, I think the odd special day put with my Godson means a lot to him (and his parents!) as well as visiting/seeing him regularly so he and I have a good relationship as he grows up!!! Also, come the milestone birthdays I'm sure he'll e looking forward to a nice present off me!!!

YoniOko Thu 11-Apr-13 23:18:13

Mine are my nephews anyway so I don't really do much on top of my usual auntie stuff

wombatcheese Fri 12-Apr-13 06:37:26

My best friend is a fantastic Godmother to my 4yr old DD. One special thing she does is to send a postcard to DD when she is on holiday.

rainbowslollipops Sat 13-Apr-13 13:02:45

Dds godmother takes her swimming and on days out. They have such a strong bond.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now