How do I tell dh that he didn't flush the toilet?

(28 Posts)
WomanOfPine Fri 05-Apr-13 03:10:34

I have just finished feeding dd and quickly went to the downstairs loo, where I found that dh didn't flush the toilet after doing a number 2! I'm so disgusted! confused
And oddly enough, there was no paper on it....this would explain all the skid marks on his under wear hmm
I don't get it! What is it with not wiping your bottom after doing a number 2???
Every time I do the laundry I don't dare to look at his underwear, I just quickly throw it in!
I'm so disgusted by this and don't know how to talk about it with him? Or do I just keep quiet?
Although this was the first time he left the loo like this, but I feel I should voice my concerns over it.
I just don't want this to happen again! I almost threw up!!! confused
Apologies for the disgusting thread...
What would you do?
What would you say?

ChasingStaplers Fri 05-Apr-13 03:14:07

I would get him to wash his own underwear.

TheFallenNinja Fri 05-Apr-13 03:15:12

Try this.

Oy, gungy numb nuts, get in there and flush and brush.

WomanOfPine Fri 05-Apr-13 03:21:22

Hihi! This made me smile...smile
I just really don't get it why is it difficult!
In any other aspects he is really clean and tidy...an he does a lot of housework as well...

MooseBeTimeForCoffee Fri 05-Apr-13 03:22:34

Eww. Does he think it doesn't touch the sides or something? Teflon shit?

bigTillyMint Fri 05-Apr-13 03:28:08

Just say "eeeeuuuuwwww DH, you didn't flush the loo and I don't want to see your poo so get in there and flush it NOW! Also I saw no loo paper in there which explains the disgusting skiddies in your boxers. I am not going to wash any boxers with poo on them. OK!"

MarjorieAntrobus Fri 05-Apr-13 03:39:35

Why didn't you just say to him, "Hey, you forgot to flush the loo!" You could have followed that up with, "And it looks like you forgot to use any loo paper too." And then go on to mention the skiddy pants and how that is a. not normal hygiene, and b. a big turn-off, and c. smelly, and d. has got to stop.

Obviously that conversation gets harder as it goes on, but the opener (ie calling his attention to the unflushed loo) should be as straightforward as telling someone they'd left the freezer door open, say. IMHO, anyway.

WomanOfPine Fri 05-Apr-13 03:47:27

I know Marjorie! This only happened now an hour ago, haven't had the chance to talk to him yet, he is sleeping.
I know I'll have to say something...
Now you wrote it, it made me realise its so true...about the turn off hmm
I don't know why I feel it difficult to say something....

RoLoh Fri 05-Apr-13 03:50:45

To make you feel better .. maybe .. perhaps he did flush and the paper went away but the poo either didn't leave with it or it popped back up again? grin

WomanOfPine Fri 05-Apr-13 03:53:00

Thanks Ro! Certainly put a smile on my face grin
Didn't look like hat was the case though...

RoLoh Fri 05-Apr-13 03:54:19

Just say to him 'Oi, you left a floater, so gross, please check next time. Oh, and wipe your bum properly ffs!' smile

alwayslateforwork Fri 05-Apr-13 03:54:44

I would initially assume he forgot to flush and will be mortified... What with it being the first time and all...

I would then also assume (ahem) that it was giant man sized shit, and that he had in fact flushed it which took care of the bog roll, but didn't manage to shift the log itself, what with it being so giant and man sized, and all.

A two-flusher, no less.

I don't do much boxer-peering, but I can't say I'd still be fussing about it half an hour later, I'd have just gone with 'oh my actual god, dh, that's revolting!' As loud as possible to draw his attention to the fact, and then flushed it noisily and elaborately for him.

And then forgotten about it, and peed.

I don't think I'd have bothered to think about it and post for advice on a a parenting forum...

WomanOfPine Fri 05-Apr-13 03:56:58

It seems so easy, but I find it so difficult...why do I have to talk about his poo? sad
I will do it though...I'm curious about his reaction...

The couple of times DP has left Atomic Shit in the loo (being crass, he does humongous 2s. He gets a bloody poop-baby.) I've just crashed into the bedroom (does night shift) and said something along the lines of "fuck sake man check to see if your dump flushed, you disgusting knob!" And then he drags his butt out of bed to deal with it.

Although, not using paper? Oh, he would so be doing his own laundry.

ravenAK Fri 05-Apr-13 04:23:23

'Dh, you need to flush the loo when you've had a shit in it, you minging grotbeast. Also, do you have special fairies who polish & perfume your bum for you? No, you do not, so WIPE IT. Ffs!'

In our house, all skiddy/soggy pants end up in the Tub of Shame, soaking in a bucket in the bath. The dc thought it was quite hilarious when they spotted a pair of their dad's pants in there. I only had to do it once...

BellaVita Fri 05-Apr-13 04:31:03

Just say "err you forgot to flush the toilet earlier and I wasn't pleased that I had to do it and btw have we run out of toilet paper as it seems you didn't use any to wipe your skanky arse".

swooosh Fri 05-Apr-13 04:32:05

My theory...
- did poo, and wiped
- flushed then walked away
- poo was in fact a two-flusher

PebblePots Fri 05-Apr-13 04:34:22

grin at raven

SatsukiKusukabe Fri 05-Apr-13 05:00:56

poo troll anyone?

LegArmpits Fri 05-Apr-13 05:07:15

Could you not just flush the bog yourself?

Stick his head down the bog and flush grin
He sounds dispositively disgusting.
If you cant do the above, ltb

kotinka Fri 05-Apr-13 05:37:10

love the tub of shame grin grin

If you can't discuss poo with your partner then you are with the wrong partner IMO.

What kind of fetid fucktruck would leave their skiddy pants for someone else to wash?

Just found this on threads I'm on. I don't even remember posting it.

I am angry when I'm half asleep blush

makemineamalibuandpineapple Mon 08-Apr-13 22:23:03

At least it's not like my 10 year old son. I have just had to fight his poo down the toilet with a coat hanger. I kid you not. The thing was enormous!! It wouldn't flush. There was paper though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now