Mum behaving worse than kids?!

(5 Posts)
fizzbump Thu 04-Apr-13 13:28:04

Right, here goes. Over the last few days my 6yr DS has been hurt 4 or 5 times by a boy who lives nearby, but I haven't been able to go talk to his mum as I've had the builders in. He and my 7r DS were chatting about it at tea and my 7yr DS said he wont hit me because he knows I'll hit him back. I told him he'd do no such thing and both to stay well away.

So yesterday evening I opened the door to call them in only to see my 7yr DS at the top of the street with the boy in question and his mum. His mum was shouting at him to 'f*****g hit him back' and 'dont let the f*****g idiot pick on you', blocking my DSs way home, while the young lad's wailing. She saw me and walked off into her house.

Now I get kids fight and if mine are having (or being!!) a problem I'll go talk to their parents and they do the same.... and I'd never go f'ing at my kids and actively encouraging them to fight, especially in the street.

Honestly, I'm stumped as to what to do? The sensible part of me says go talk to her, but the mum would probably wring her neck. I'm quietly fuming and dont know how I held my temper angry. Though I can understand her being annoyed, (I was each time the 6yr old came home sobbing) if my kids done something i expect the parent to get me to sort it, not behave like that. Am I wrong and has anyone any advice on how to resolve this peacefully??

WhatAGoat Thu 04-Apr-13 13:35:49

A woman was swearing at your 7 year old shockhmm

fizzbump Thu 04-Apr-13 13:40:37

No, swearing at hers but infront of and about mine...

WhatAGoat Thu 04-Apr-13 13:44:38

I don't know how you would resolve that peacefully she sounds vile. You do have to say something to her though. That or ban your children from playing with hers. Poor child no wonder he picks on weaker children if that's how his mother acts hmm

fizzbump Thu 04-Apr-13 14:23:00

I know, I'm just dreading it for her sake. I'll stand a lot but I'm livid that he's bullied the younger (who's a big softy) and when his brothers stood up to him he's had her start. She knew she was wrong or she wouldn't have walked away, she'd have said something to me... and I'm more annoyed at myself for not reacting quick enough there and then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now