Tower of London or golden hinde? 2 yo and 4 yo

(20 Posts)
fertilityagogo Tue 05-Mar-13 17:05:39

All of vinegars suggestions, above!!

And the nat.history and science museums are fab.

Princess Diana memorial playground in Kensington gardens is great too.

Enjoy!!

megandraper Mon 04-Mar-13 15:51:12

Anything else you did that you'd recommend, fertility? We're going to London in the Easter hols.

fertilityagogo Mon 04-Mar-13 15:38:14

Thanks all!! We did the hinde and had a lovely day. Less stressful than I'd envisaged and didn't take long. Prices very reasonable compared to hms Belfast or cuttty sark. Boys loved it, and a caffe Nero right next door for mummy.
Thanks again for your help

PhyllisDoris Mon 04-Mar-13 14:58:16

My DDs favourite thing in London was the M&M shop blush sad

Charmingbaker Sun 03-Mar-13 22:57:08

Hinde is quite small and won't last very long, I'd imagine it could be quite stressful keeping hold of 2 LOs on it. At least with the tower they could have a bit of a run around.

SavoirFaire Sun 03-Mar-13 22:53:46

There's a museum by the cable car (Vic Docks side) too. New one. Sustainable cities. No idea what it is like but saw youngish primary school kids going in when we were there.

SavoirFaire Sun 03-Mar-13 22:52:28

Am I too late? Do the cable car. It's brilliant. Have you done it already? At least it is new.

Ingles2 Sun 03-Mar-13 22:52:14

IMO your dc are too young for the Golden Hinde. It would be way too easy to lose one of them over the side... I was a nervous wreck when u took my boys and they were 6 & 7

fertilityagogo Sun 03-Mar-13 22:47:45

Thanks all, great suggestions although I've done them all, multiple times... (We're about to move out of London so have been madly sightseeing for the last 6 months :-)). I think ill do the Hinde but will bring the reins for dc2.

VinegarDrinker Sun 03-Mar-13 21:33:02

The Hinde wouldn't take all day btw

VinegarDrinker Sun 03-Mar-13 21:30:49

Sorry for link fail there

VinegarDrinker Sun 03-Mar-13 21:30:03

Where are you staying?

I would recommend
Museum of London Docklands (FAB for littlies and free) http://www.museumoflondon.org.uk/Docklands/
Or
Museum of Childhood in Bethnal Green (ditto)
http://www.museumofchildhood.org.uk/
Or
Discover (Stratford)
http://www.discover.org.uk/

Or how about one of the Farms - Mudchute, Hackney City Farm.

megandraper Sun 03-Mar-13 21:29:43

i think you have to stick pretty close to your 2yo on the Hinde. My DH went aboard with them, and was carrying my 2yo a lot of the time.

katolla Sun 03-Mar-13 21:22:07

Both sound a bit old for them especially the two year old , if you can't get to south ken how about the museum of childhood in bethnal green?

fertilityagogo Sun 03-Mar-13 21:19:40

Thank you bedhopper, is the hinde safe, as in, my 2 year old could walk around without me having panic attack of him falling overboard? :-)

megandraper Sun 03-Mar-13 21:17:07

My 4yo loved the Golden Hinde, but my 2yo found it a bit boring (actually fell asleep during the talk...) we are thinking of tower of london this trip now they are 5 and 3 (and obsessed with knights...)

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Sun 03-Mar-13 21:16:07

Golden Hinde, being more compact, might be better with young children. There's quite a lot of traipsing about at the Tower of London.

fertilityagogo Sun 03-Mar-13 21:15:48

Thanks Phyllis, I'm staying in the e.london area so don't have the energy to trek to the south ken museums although I agree they're fab for kids...

PhyllisDoris Sun 03-Mar-13 21:13:56

Tower of London would be too boring for them IMO. Very interesting if you're into history, but they're too young. How about Nat History/Science museums?

fertilityagogo Sun 03-Mar-13 21:10:20

Having been cooped up for far too long this winter, I'm determined to take my dcs on a day trip tomorrow.

If you could choose the golden hinde or the Tower of London, what would you do?

Ds1 fairly calm and cerebral, ds2 a bit of a loose cannon in that he will run away at times. But he'll also sleep for a few hours in the afternoon.

Have never been to either so would really appreciate your thoughts. I should add that the Hinde doesn't have anything special on tomorrow ie pirate themes, special performances, etc.

Wwyd?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now