I really want to leave my job

(8 Posts)
littleblackno Tue 26-Feb-13 22:00:11

Are you not entitled to parental leave? I know i took some before my ds started school. It's unpaid- can't remember all the terms and conditions but you could google it i'm sure.

Tommychoochoo Tue 26-Feb-13 21:56:56

I currently work 4 days. Managers aren't suppose to be part time but begged for 4 days. I think that's part of the problem I'm squeezing a full time job into 4 days, they want me to go 5 days in September as they know ds2 starts school. There's no way I could do 3- but i would love to. I'm definately going to start looking for a new job more part time hours or school hours hopefullysmile

SingingSands Tue 26-Feb-13 17:30:50

Could you perhaps drop a day or two, and work part time? I used to work 3 days when my youngest was small, it was lovely.

I hate the Sunday night blues, too.

Tommychoochoo Tue 26-Feb-13 17:27:08

Thanks for replying everyonesmile I went into work and still hate ithmm, but realiSed would be silly to leave. I just need to win the lotterygrin

Southeastdweller Sun 24-Feb-13 17:13:35

I'm also having the 'Monday morning dreads' sad

I think you'd be misguided to leave now. I would put forward a good case for some unpaid leave, even if it's only for three months. Otherwise maybe you could work four days a week?

Quitting is too drastic, I think, and obviously it's much easier to find a new job when you already have one.

Tommychoochoo Sun 24-Feb-13 16:27:35

I don't know. There is no-one else that could take my job so I think they would need to employ someone else. Don't think they would want to do that for 6 months.

soaccidentprone Sun 24-Feb-13 16:18:46

could you ask for a career break?

Tommychoochoo Sun 24-Feb-13 16:08:33

After a bit of advice.

I hate my job, really hate it. I dread sundays knowing i have to work tomorrow. My boss is a nightmare and is often putting me down one minute, then sending me emails saying she really appreciate the hours and hard work I put in!

I am a department manager and have a well paid job. I took feb half term off and had a lovely week with 2dc. It's got me thinking DS2 is due to start school in September and I want to leave my job to spend the next 6 months at home with him before he starts school.
My husband has a good job and we can probably manage but would have to cut back. Plus a big contract he has on at the moment ends in July and he hasn't got anything else lined up at the moment - a few leads but nothing signed.

Wwyd am I being really stupid to leave a good well paid job to spend 6 months at home with no guarantee of another job in September.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now