Job/ redundancy issue. help!

(5 Posts)
nellyjelly Sun 17-Feb-13 15:48:58

Thanks for reply. The salary is not much different tbh. About 3 - 4 thousand a year.

Reckon I will be looking for another job in that 12 months anyway.
Am still in a dilemma.

A year isn't very long for protected salary? Will you be able to manage financially after that?

nellyjelly Sat 16-Feb-13 20:57:08

Yes we can manage as my current salary protected for a year so same money. There are pros and cons for both courses of actions, just can't decide.

Come on, WWYD if it was you? ...........anyone?

PurpleStorm Sat 16-Feb-13 20:45:35

Can you manage financially on the lower grade part time job?

If so, I guess it would come down to would you rather have the extra time with the kids, or would you rather keep the managerial role?

nellyjelly Sat 16-Feb-13 19:28:55

Well what should I do.

Been threatened with redundancy. My part time manager role and a full time manager role being merged into one full time role. Me and a colleague have to apply for this job and be interviewed. Other choice is a step down a grade but salary protected for 12 months. Can do this role part time.

I am in a real dilemma. I work 3 days pw so I can spend time with my children. To go full time will bring in some needed cash but I love my days with the kids who are both under 5.

The lower grade job is ok ish, probably has a bit of extra travelling around but have to say I will miss the managerial role.

Ultimately I want to get a new, more stable job but not much around in my field at moment. Taking the redundancy pay not an option tbh as not that much and we can't get along on one salary.

Soooooo wwyd?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now