leave dd with sis or dh?

(12 Posts)
Numberlock Tue 12-Feb-13 07:46:28

Why make so much effort to accommodate this man child's inadequacies? Just go!

oddslippers Tue 12-Feb-13 07:41:42

Why not have a few practice runs for him and let him take over the evenings childcare while you hide out with a good book. Only step in when he clearly asks. I think it's sad you don't trust him with his own children and need to give him a chance to figure it out.

AThingInYourLife Tue 12-Feb-13 07:28:39

Your husband is broken.

Repair or replace.

WannabeWilloughby Tue 12-Feb-13 07:22:48

I think my DH would be really offended if I asked DS to watch our children if he was available.

Are you able to sit down and explain to him why you are worried? Do you think he would perhaps be able to reassure you a bit?smile

whitby36 Tue 12-Feb-13 07:09:01

It is so hard. Tbh not sure i will enjoy it if i go. Although it is a really special one off event which i am really looking foward to. Mil has babysat for us with no probs. Maybe i should get dh to invite her round that evening.

Fairylea Mon 11-Feb-13 21:34:47

I don't think you can trust either of them !

Dh sounds completely inadequate. What kind of dad leaves a 5 month old to cry it out??

Can you just not go... I know that's not ideal but I wouldn't feel happy with either of your choices right now.

SocietyClowns Mon 11-Feb-13 21:31:35

So you have older children and your dh still can't settle a baby? Has he ever looked after any of his children or is he surplus to requirements? I'd really be worried if I didn't trust my dh to look after his baby daughter for one evening.

whitby36 Mon 11-Feb-13 21:29:52

Could be a good compromise. Last time i had to take ds to hospital and dh got quite angry about her crying. Seems to have completly lost patience.

whitby36 Mon 11-Feb-13 21:26:07

She has looked after older two with help from my mum but only from age 2.
Thanks for your thoughts.

bumpybecky Mon 11-Feb-13 21:10:26

can dh look after the baby at your sister's house? that way baby is looked after by someone she knows, near you if she refuses the bottle and sister gets some practice!

SocietyClowns Mon 11-Feb-13 21:06:09

Dh! Can't believe you'd rather have someone with no experience with babies. Do you trust your dh so little? Give the poor man a chance!

whitby36 Mon 11-Feb-13 21:00:36

I have a 5 month old. I have been invited out for an evening. The place i am going is about 40 minutes from home but just around corner from sisters house. I was thinking of asking sister to have dd. Obv pro of that being I am just round corner if she gets distressed. Con is that she doesn't have experience of looking after babies.
Otherwise i could leave her with dh. The last time this happened dd was very unsettled. In the end dh left her in cot to cry it out as he lost patience.
I am edging towards sis. What do you think.
Dd is breastfed but will take a bottle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now