Would you leave 17m old for 2 nights to go to a wedding?

(27 Posts)
lovepigeon Sun 10-Feb-13 21:00:28

I've been invited to a wedding but no +1 or children so am really unsure what to do. It is a long journey to get there (probably about 5 hrs door to door) so would not be able to go as a day trip, would be looking at 1 or 2 nights away from DH and DD. DD is 12m old atm and still breastfeeds to sleep and wakes quite a lot in the night, only settles for me at night time. Thought maybe could get DH and DD to travel up with me and they stay in hotel near by but would be difficult journey with a toddler and expensive.

I don't want to leave my DD for such a long time yet but also I don't want to be a bad friend by not going. Please help - what would you do in this situation?

exoticfruits Sun 10-Feb-13 22:08:04

If you are leaving with DH I would say it was fine.

TokenGirl1 Sun 10-Feb-13 23:24:48

My son was a similar age and bf to sleep too when I had my sil Hen do to go to. I compromised by going for the day and then dh picked me up and we stayed in a nearby Travelodge with our dc so it was cheaper than the hotel that was booked for the hen do.

Trust your instinct and do what you feel is best for you and your little one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now