Housing/anti social behaviour affecting my daughter

(4 Posts)
MissUnderstood1 Sat 09-Feb-13 14:32:10

Please has any1 any advice as I'm reaally cracking up. Am new 2 mums net. I live in a council house, my neighbour is a single guy, after his partner/child moved out several years ago. He has parties for several days at a time, his friends turning up at all hours causing noise in stair. They then blast stereo, fight ect at times the music and banging ect make flats shake. My daughter has been woken up loads. He is on his final warning with council, but they told me it is a long process to have him evicted. Anyone any advice on this. Also I am waiting to try get an exchange, but have some rent arrears to clear 1st. So I have applied for transfer. I have medical reasons also for moving but council have said it might take longer as house is still classed as suitable as right amount of bedrooms ect. A friend had no points to move at all & she got a transfer in a year. Does anyone know how long I might wait.

I'm afraid I don't have any advice on this one, but am bumping for you so that someone more knowledgeable sees it.

Also, you could try having this moved into the _Chat topic, as it gets more traffic.

Hope you manage to get some helpful answers (or a transfer) soon. I had to put up with 'party' neighbours for two years once and it was hell on earth.

And welcome to Mumsnet!

Graceparkhill Sat 09-Feb-13 20:45:07

I would contact Shelter or CAB for advice on your housing rights.

MissUnderstood1 Tue 12-Feb-13 17:48:06

Hi thanks for advice, I am going to CAB tomorrow to get help with remaining rent arrears then can get an exchange or transfer hopefully, but will make an appointment with shelter. Went to council today with another neighbour and l let them know it still ongoing. He has had his final written warning and will get his very last warning face to face next week. We have been told that if he gets more complaints after that they are going to court for ASBO. If he breaches that he will be evicted but it is a long process. The noise is still killing us but strangely is slightly more bearable knowing action is being taken and hopefully a move will happen. We are going to persist whatever happens as do not want to exchange or transfer for someone else to have to deal with it. Will try move this to chat. Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now