Ex's life insurance policy

(3 Posts)
MsNobodyAgain Fri 25-Jan-13 20:07:02

To say I don't get on with my ex is an understatement. He is currently taking me to court over access to the children (long story, don't want to go into it).

Years ago I took out one of those Sun Life policies. One in my name, one in his. When we divorced I stopped the payments and destroyed the policy documents as I thought that was it. No further payments, no money. Turns out we are both entitled to get £700 each in February. The only post I get for him is from Sun Life. I told them we are divorced and on bad terms. They said they won't take my word for where he lives now, they will trace him through PAYE records if needs be.

So I could either tell the company to do just that and have no further involvement in the matter, or I could forward the post I got to ex's address saying "I don't have the policy documents anymore but just fill in the lost policy bit and you'll get some money"

WWYD?

Nevercan Sat 26-Jan-13 08:21:51

If you ended on bad terms then leave the company to sort it out. Why should you help make it easier to give him money...

MsNobodyAgain Sat 26-Jan-13 09:39:13

Ta. I think you're right. I'll let the company sort it out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now