Will I be a squealer if I mention it to the manager?

(9 Posts)
onthehornsofadilemma Thu 24-Jan-13 12:12:16

I work with two other people, one sits next to me and the the other, who is also the manager, sits behind us facing in the opposite direction. The person who sits next to me constantly dozes off, we are talking up to 40 odd times a day, it even happens when they are stood up. I think that they may suffer from sleep apnoea, which I believe is associated with health problems but I suppose I just find it strange and worrying to be sat next to someone at work who is snoring and to be the only one who is aware of it.

Should I mention it to the manager next time we have a private talk or will I seem like I am trying to get them into trouble?

Why don't you speak with your colleague about it first?

Numberlock Thu 24-Jan-13 12:16:31

The manager may already be aware.

onthehornsofadilemma Thu 24-Jan-13 12:19:41

That would seem to be the sensible thing to do Missy, but I just find it really awkward and embarrassing.

ShatnersBassoon Thu 24-Jan-13 12:22:37

Why not say "Are you ok? You seem exhausted."

I can see how its awkward to bring it up. It might be better to wait until next time it happens then give them a nudge and ask if they are alright and start from there.

onthehornsofadilemma Thu 24-Jan-13 13:00:06

The thing is that they are of the 'never admit that anything is amiss' school of thought' and they would take any comments as an enormous criticism.

ShatnersBassoon Thu 24-Jan-13 13:45:58

Are you concerned for his wellbeing?

Patchouli Thu 24-Jan-13 13:54:35

That's tricky. It depends a lot on your relationships with the people you work with.
Can you have narcolepsy and not really know it? Like be driving etc?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now