Odd friend request

(35 Posts)
fackinell Fri 11-Jan-13 21:57:22

My ex fiancé's wife sent me friend request on fb. Bit if background: I have created something that has gained a bit of recognition (can't go into detail as it will appear to be shamelessly looking for sales and that is not my intention). this 'work' has been viewed by some as a testimony to my ex for pretty much no reason and is, in reality, no way done with him in mind. I think she has wind of this and is fishing. I'm not going to accept her as a friend but I'm extremely curious as to why she would want to befriend someone she has never met. We broke up a year before he met her. Would you ask what reason she wants to friend you or ignore? I apologise for vagueness but I really don't want to discuss the work I did as I am not 'sales fishing'.
WWYD?

fackinell Fri 11-Jan-13 22:51:30

InNeed I have ignored but yes, I should block. My settings are v high but I feel a bit U as she hasn't actually done me any harm. I really don't want her to feel insecure as she has nothing to worry about. I'm am curious to know why she wants to be a friend but to be sisterly I want to put her mind at rest. I am def not a threat and my work is nothing to do with him. Part nosey, part feeling a bit bad that she may be worried, really. I still don't want her knowing my personal business, however.

fuckadoodlepoopoo Fri 11-Jan-13 23:00:19

Ooh busting to know what the work is!

InNeedOfBrandy Fri 11-Jan-13 23:00:30

Why don't you msg her saying hi how are you, can I help you with anything smile and see what she says then? I'd be to nosey to leave it grin

fuckadoodlepoopoo Fri 11-Jan-13 23:03:31

Is it a painting or sculpture of a massive cock?

fackinell Fri 11-Jan-13 23:29:17

grin @ fuckadoodle!! No and no to your guesses. I'm not famous or owt. It's not that exciting tbh. A lot of people have liked it much to my surprise.

fackinell Fri 11-Jan-13 23:31:03

InNeed this is just the encouragement I need!! I may have to now!! grin

DeafLeopard Fri 11-Jan-13 23:35:12

I'm so nosy I would have to accept, have a good look at all her pictures and status updates and then defriend grin

fackinell Fri 11-Jan-13 23:37:40

Ahhh Deafleopard but she would see mine!! And all my daft updates. I'm swithering about PMing now but going to try not to!!!!!

DeafLeopard Fri 11-Jan-13 23:46:03

Accept her, then immediately change your settings so she can't see anything, while you have a good rummage....then defriend wink

fackinell Sat 12-Jan-13 09:22:51

Deafleopard, I declined the req so would have to req her to do that. I don't know if it was just a 'I know who you are' type of point (which is a bit chilling) or a drunken laugh just to see if I'd accept. I did consider PMing him to ask if he knew why she would req as its rather odd, but we ended on bad terms (mostly my fault) and I don't think it's fair to dredge all that up again by contact. He deserves to have moved on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now