Odd friend request

(35 Posts)
fackinell Fri 11-Jan-13 21:57:22

My ex fiancé's wife sent me friend request on fb. Bit if background: I have created something that has gained a bit of recognition (can't go into detail as it will appear to be shamelessly looking for sales and that is not my intention). this 'work' has been viewed by some as a testimony to my ex for pretty much no reason and is, in reality, no way done with him in mind. I think she has wind of this and is fishing. I'm not going to accept her as a friend but I'm extremely curious as to why she would want to befriend someone she has never met. We broke up a year before he met her. Would you ask what reason she wants to friend you or ignore? I apologise for vagueness but I really don't want to discuss the work I did as I am not 'sales fishing'.
WWYD?

fackinell Fri 11-Jan-13 21:58:22

Typo alert!! First line: *
ex fiancé's wife

ScubaSarah Fri 11-Jan-13 21:59:16

Ignore it, move on.
How long ago did they get together? Seems odd that she'd pick now and, honestly, why would you want to connect...?

fackinell Fri 11-Jan-13 21:59:40

Arg keeps doing it!! You're all smart enough to figure out its the wife of my ex I'm sure.....

sittinginthesun Fri 11-Jan-13 22:02:13

Ignore. Is your FB used for your work etc or is it just personal stuff?

fackinell Fri 11-Jan-13 22:03:29

Scuba, that have been together for about 12 yrs and have 4 kids. I haven't had any contact other than to say hi to his parents since. My 'work' has just come into the public eye so I think that is why now. She was always jealous of our past relationship when they first got together but I absolutely never have any grounds for that.

fackinell Fri 11-Jan-13 22:05:00

Sitting, I have a fb page for work under my 'other' name but it was my personal one she req on, the other is just a 'like' page for my work.

ScubaSarah Fri 11-Jan-13 22:05:27

Yup, I'd just ignore the request. If you decline she can re-send, if you just ignore it she'll just see its pending. If there's no reason to be 'politically sensitive' then don't open a door to it...
Good luck and well done on whatever it is :-) x

InNeatCognac Fri 11-Jan-13 22:06:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

InNeatCognac Fri 11-Jan-13 22:07:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsDeVere Fri 11-Jan-13 22:07:26

Ignore it.
I get friend requests from my adopted son's birth mother.
She hates me.
I do not want her having access to my personal stuff.
I ignore her.

Works for me smile

InNeedOfBrandy Fri 11-Jan-13 22:07:45

Can she msg you without being your friend? I only say that as she may want to speak to you but can't because of your settings and is not being nosey.

sittinginthesun Fri 11-Jan-13 22:08:04

Just ignore then. Has she liked your work account too?

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Fri 11-Jan-13 22:09:02

grin

fackinell Fri 11-Jan-13 22:09:59

grin InNeat, no I am not Ms Grey, I wish!! I'd be on hol giving zero fucks to the dilemma but thanks for the well done!!

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Fri 11-Jan-13 22:10:24

Sorry was laughing at Mr Grey < unhelpful >

fackinell Fri 11-Jan-13 22:11:20

Oooh Mrs I don't blame you!! How did she find out you were the adoptive mother? Isn't that supposed to be confidential to protect you and DC?!!!

VBisme Fri 11-Jan-13 22:13:48

I think shes being nosey, but you're doing the right thing by ignoring.

fackinell Fri 11-Jan-13 22:18:08

I haven't blocked so she can PM me if she wishes. She hasn't liked my work page. Found it a little creepy if I'm honest. I'd rather she just said 'oh hi, I hear this was about X, is it true?' And I would happily reply.

fackinell Fri 11-Jan-13 22:19:03

Reckon so VB, but the nosey bitch in me is curious!!

MrsDeVere Fri 11-Jan-13 22:22:05

We are related fack .

Ahhh the joys of the internet hmm

Mind you, came in handy for me when I wanted to keep an eye on her. Till she learned how to set her security <damn>

VBisme Fri 11-Jan-13 22:22:13

Well you could properly upset her and send HIM a friends request......

fackinell Fri 11-Jan-13 22:25:34

Oh Mrs that's a bummer!! Well you are his mother and your family deserve privacy. I don't blame you!!

fackinell Fri 11-Jan-13 22:29:18

Oh God VB, sleeping dogs and all that!! grin It's not in my interest to cause her any trouble (she unfortunately appears to be doing that all by herself from what I've heard) its all just a little stalkerish and scary!! But I am a nosey bugger!! We have a mutual friend but I'm quite shocked she found me on the personal page. I have a one of 10 million name and the friend connection is very vague on her part.

InNeedOfBrandy Fri 11-Jan-13 22:41:59

MrsD you so need a fake account wink

OP I'd ignore then, and block.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now