invited to a small wedding with dh exp

(13 Posts)
steppyhen Sun 30-Dec-12 19:18:08

hi please be nice but advice needed !
dh and i are invited to a wedding along with dh xp and her new parter, who was dh best friend. Things with xp and me are fine but the new parter who was dh best friend, will not even say hi anymore.very awkward as we are all in the same circle of friends so will no doubt be in the same group at night. wwyd?

Go, behave like grown ups and try not to spoil someone else's wedding!

steppyhen Sun 30-Dec-12 19:39:40

i feel very petted but very nervous also ! dh xp when drunk has been in fights and has a criminal record for this and his best friend has recently been on a tag for 9 months for fighting(god we are nothing like them at all) this is what worrys me not the fact that we can behave like adults its the fact that they cant and i dont want to spoil somones wedding?!

ohfunnyFRANKENface Sun 30-Dec-12 19:40:37

Just decline the invite- sometimes it's easier!

rubyrubyruby Sun 30-Dec-12 19:42:42

I'm all for making an effort but having read your second post I wouldn't go tbh

JustFabulous Sun 30-Dec-12 19:43:44

Petted? confused

That has to be the quickest drip feed post I have ever seen.

steppyhen Sun 30-Dec-12 19:46:33

i think it would be safer not go ! alcohol is the root of all evil. Also dh and dxp have a son together so if it all goes up in the air would not want anything to affect dss. Suggested to dh that we take them for a meal instead to celebrate with them ? what do mnetters think?

Numberlock Sun 30-Dec-12 19:47:24

I wouldn't go either, sounds horrendous.

steppyhen Sun 30-Dec-12 19:48:14

just fabulous- easy on me this is my first post !

OnlyWantsOne Sun 30-Dec-12 19:51:03

Decline invite.

Job done.

AmandaCooper Mon 31-Dec-12 12:17:24

Well you clearly can't go, based on what you've said. Simple as that.

If you think other people are likely to start an argument or even a physical fight, then I think you have to turn down the invitation. Send a present and a nice card explaining that the situation makes it tricky and you would hate to spoil their day, then see them for a nice meal/drink aother time.

steppyhen Mon 31-Dec-12 12:57:39

invite declined! suggested a dinner party at a later date .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now