Sick child-do I leave him and go away for the weekend with the others???

(52 Posts)
TheSecondComing Thu 29-Nov-12 21:55:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Numberlock Thu 29-Nov-12 21:57:14

How old is dd2?

Bluestocking Thu 29-Nov-12 21:57:48

I would send DP/H and DD2. Sick children need their mummies.

TheSecondComing Thu 29-Nov-12 21:58:37

AnyFuckingDude Thu 29-Nov-12 22:00:03

The worst outcome is that you all stay home and miss the fun. Toddler being ill is not your dd's fault, and it would be sad if she missed out in the face of two very capable parents where it is possible to be in two places at once

Work back from that, and see where it gets you

The Lake District ain't in the Falkland Isles or summat, so you could be home in an hour or so if toddler takes a huge turn for the worse

FergusSingsTheBlues Thu 29-Nov-12 22:00:22

This must be a joke.

AnyFuckingDude Thu 29-Nov-12 22:01:17

Fergus...do you disagree that a child can have two capable parents ?

TheSecondComing Thu 29-Nov-12 22:02:20

helpyourself Thu 29-Nov-12 22:03:33

One parent stay with DS, one goes with DD to CP.

pepperrabbit Thu 29-Nov-12 22:04:07

Send DD2 with DP, hope that you can join them asap depending on how DS is.
Really upsetting you can't all go together, but this wouldn't completely waste all the cash and disappoint DD2.
What a pain after all that planning.

EveryDudeKnows Thu 29-Nov-12 22:04:18

I would let DP go with DD and hopefully be able to join them during the weekend.

fengirl1 Thu 29-Nov-12 22:04:57

Wait and see how he is tomorrow. Center Parcs are able to get medical help for you if you need it - it might be worth getting the number for it when/if you arrive?

LineRunner Thu 29-Nov-12 22:05:52

Is your point, OP, why should it be you who stays (or returns with DS if necessary)? I would agree that it shouldn't just be assumed.

musttidyupBeforeSantaComes Thu 29-Nov-12 22:06:37

Send other with DH and you stay with poorly one. You know that's the answer don't you? smile then book a spa break with some girlfriends for the new year so you have that to look forward to. Poor you. sad

MsElleTow Thu 29-Nov-12 22:07:54

I would say one parent and DD2 go, the other parent stay at home with DS. I wouldn't send DD2 on her own with your friends just incase it is a bug and she catches it. If she starts being sick in the middle of the night she is going to want one of you there.

It's sod's bloody law re the timing! We have had to cancel holidays and breaks away because the kids have been ill! Hope he is better soon!

TheSecondComing Thu 29-Nov-12 22:09:11

MmeLindor Thu 29-Nov-12 22:10:00

I'd wait till tomorrow and see how his is. If he is ill, then send DP with DD - no point in all of you missing out.

Or you go and send DP, if you think that you would still be able to relax and enjoy yourself and he would be ok to stay at home.

Why would anyone assume this woudl be a joke thread?

redwellybluewelly Thu 29-Nov-12 22:10:08

Your DD does not have to miss out. You go with her.

I have done every hospital admission with our DD. Eight in two years, DH on two occasions has not got to the ward until eleven ish in the morning because he was so tired. I'd had no sleep. So. Last week when DD was again blue lighted in on o2 I resolved that when we got home DH could do some over night care. DH told me she needed her mummy, I told him mummy needed her sleep. She was fine with him, and he needs to learn how to look after her.

Go get a break. Leave ds at home with DH. You could be home swiftly if he needed you.

MmeLindor Thu 29-Nov-12 22:11:29

If DP happy to stay then you go.

How far away are you, and how quick can you get home if he does have to go into hospital or is upset and wants you home? (DS, not DP)

ChippingInLovesAutumn Thu 29-Nov-12 22:13:16

I would send Dp with DD2 and stay with DS. I couldn't have a good time knowing DS was home/hospital but I'm sure your Dp will manage. Hopefully DS will be well enough for you to both go as well, if not initially at least later in the week. Fecking sods law though isn't it sad

TheSecondComing Thu 29-Nov-12 22:14:42

ChippingInLovesAutumn Thu 29-Nov-12 22:16:01

Nurses station on the site & hospital 2 miles away?? - if he isn't actually in hospital I'd take him. I'd even take him if I knew it was asthma chucking up, but with the norovirus going around, I wouldn't take the risk.

BellaVita Thu 29-Nov-12 22:16:24

I would see how he is tomorrow, but I see nothing wrong in one of you going with DD2 and the other following with DS if he perks up.

Good to see you!!

nannyof3 Thu 29-Nov-12 22:16:46

Why wud u consider leaving him?
Send ur husband and DD to center parcs and u stay at home with ur son

ChippingInLovesAutumn Thu 29-Nov-12 22:17:35

TSC - that's why I wouldn't leave DS with your DP. Nothing you have posted in the past has made me think I'd feel confident leaving a sick child with him - sorry. I know you say he's better than he was... but even so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now