Advice needed on my dd dance teacher

(7 Posts)
sexypoledancer Wed 07-Nov-12 19:40:31

She is 27 and very disorganised. I cant believe there is no legislation for dance schools or none that im aware of. I am going to phone the church where she holds her dance classes tomorrow x

JimmysMum1988 Wed 07-Nov-12 19:38:56

This

JimmysMum1988 Wed 07-Nov-12 19:37:51

That's horrible!!! sad I would've been devastated at her age!! How old is his dance teacher!?

lizziebach Wed 07-Nov-12 19:36:24

She must need some for of public liability insurance as a start surely? Are the venue aware that she is uninsured, perhaps you should inform them as if a child had an accident there whilst she was supervising them it would have an impact on them if she has no insurance? Although I am unsure of the legalities I know my dance teacher is insured and also licensed to play music in a public place

sexypoledancer Wed 07-Nov-12 19:29:19

I have no choice but to pull her out as she has been banned from going. She is only 8 so is very distressed. I will phone the council and see what they say. She said she didnt need insurance, but they do gymnastics and do some very dangerous moves so its quite worrying. Thanks for advice xx

JimmysMum1988 Wed 07-Nov-12 19:26:35

First thing I would do would be pull her out of the class and send her elsewhere!!! Maybe the local council can help in regards to insurance?? X

sexypoledancer Wed 07-Nov-12 19:21:54

My dd has been going to a dance class for nearly a year. For the past 2 months they have been preparing for a show and i was asked to pay for extra lessons which i agreed to do. I had to pay for the costume and fees to do the performance. As the day of the dance got nearer I was told that i would have an email with all the details on venue, times etc. I still didnt recieve these details until the day before the dance. This was after texting her all day and by the wording of her texts she seemed annoyed that i was bothering her. I was told my dd would be performing at 12.30 so to arrive at 12.00. We arrived at 11.45 and walked in as my dd was walking of stage after performing. Naturally i was annoyed and tried to ask her what had happened. She did,t want to speak saying she was to busy. I spoke to the manager of the venue and he said it was her fault as she knows how it works and had been coming for years and should know that performances are usually brought forward. We were then approached by the manager of all the performances and she said she would get the girls back on stage during the break even though it was not something they usually do. We were happy with this but when the break came they didnt do it, I then was approached by an angry mum asking me why I was demanding that the girls perform again. I tried to explain that i hadnt and that it was something which had been suggested by the manager. All hell broke lose and the dance teacher did nothing to resolve it, she kept out the way. My daughter was in tears and we walked out. I found out later from a friend that my dd had been baned from going to the dance class ever again. She has been bullied by some girls at school by some of the girls who also go to the dance class. I have since found out that the dance teacher is not insured and i have no idea who to complain to. Please advice me if you can

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now