Who should pay for lunch?

(9 Posts)
BackforGood Wed 07-Nov-12 21:20:36

How old are the children?
If it were me, I'd go, taking money, and offer, but half expect them to refuse to let me pay.
Depends so much on the friendship you have though. Doesn't matter as long as it all evens out in the long run.

ChippingInLovesAutumn Wed 07-Nov-12 21:13:53

I would expect to pay for myself & my son - or just split the bill.

HecatePropylaea Wed 07-Nov-12 21:11:41

Should add, if I invited someone out for a meal, I would pay for them. If I suggested we get together and go have a meal, I wouldn't expect them to think I was paying for them. But I would, like I said, go to something arranged by someone else expecting to pay.

It's the only way to avoid a nasty shock grin

HecatePropylaea Wed 07-Nov-12 21:10:22

I would go expecting to pay my way.

NatashaBee Wed 07-Nov-12 16:14:15

I would expect to pay, just in case, although they may be planning to cover everyone. If they did pay then I might buy a box of chocs or wine or something, to say thankyou afterwards.

Go prepared to pay but be expected to be shouted down. grin

Pancakeflipper Wed 07-Nov-12 16:00:21

If I invited you to my birthday lunch then I would pay.

If you invited me out to celebrate my birthday then you would pay.

Might be nice to offer to for drinks ( even soft drinks are amazingly expensive when eating out).

If they said "fancy lunch tomorrow?" then I would expect to go halves.

kitbit Wed 07-Nov-12 15:58:56

If I were the parents and I'd invited you, I'd pay. But if you know them well and have an easy going do-it-all-the-time thing, I'd say to share.
How old are the boys?

LondonMum0117 Wed 07-Nov-12 15:52:24

Hi! I was invited to a birthday lunch for my son's bestfriend. It will just be me, my son, his friend and his friend's parents. Who pays for the bill? Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now