WWYD both DC want the same toy for Christmas?

(54 Posts)
MrsCantSayAnything Tue 06-Nov-12 23:18:00

My DDs are 8 and almost 5 and they both want one of those silly "grabber" toys...you know, like a carnival thing...where the claw grabs things.

I can't bring myself to buy two!

Do I have to? Do you?

I kno this is not strictly AIBU...but hell...the rules of MN have been skewed lately anyway! grin

imnotmymum Wed 07-Nov-12 12:00:26

Wow nanny state did not know they so on the ball [looks over shoulder]

Chunkamatic Wed 07-Nov-12 12:22:05

I have to say that I think that for the price this has quite a limited play value, so would get them one to share. It is easily something they can take a turn with while the other eats the sweets from their turn.

It would have been exactly the sort of toy I would have coveted at a friends house but only played with for s short time if it was my own as a child.

At £25 a piece I would get one to share and then get them each something individually with the remaining £25.

LovesGSD Wed 07-Nov-12 14:02:52

Get them one each, like you say their cousin has one and keeps them amused for ages smile make the most of Xmas when their small because when you have teenagers you'll look back on their wee faces when your kids opening the toy and wish you could go back to that ageblush

bigpaws Thu 08-Nov-12 05:01:03

My two DDs are getting a lot of duplicate gifts this year. They play so nicely together and like the same type of toys. They don't get a vast amount, so why should they share? Christmas is for the kids. Get them one each - or could you put it under the tree as a family present? I did that once with a wii game.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now