Moving

(4 Posts)
chickydoo Mon 05-Nov-12 22:56:13

How about Kingston-on-Thames
Kingston has a big teaching hospital & Kingston uni does nursing degree courses etc.
Kingston is a good place to live & the commute to central London is 20 mins.
There are smaller Towns/villages in and around Kingston, some with outstanding rated primary schools.
Renting in this area is not cheap, but you could look at North Kingston, Morden, Tolworth, Surbiton, berrylands Worcester Park. You might get more for your money in these areas.
South of Kingston you have Hinchly wood, Thames Ditton, Claygate Esher ( Expensive)
You could also look at Guildford Hospital ( Royal Surrey) again does nursing degree courses. A 40 Min commute to London. Good schools & green spaces.
There are the big London teaching hospitals, but if it were my choice I would keep out of central London with a family as it is so expensive.
Good luck

lindsell Mon 05-Nov-12 22:48:04

Where in London does your dh have to commute to? South east London is the best value IMO and there are some reasonable schools around - eg our closest 3 primaries are all rated good by ofsted. Secondary is where there are more issues but if you're only renting then IMO you should just focus on primary at the moment.

What sort of property do you need for your £1500? And what university are you planning on going to?

ecuse Mon 05-Nov-12 22:42:38

I can't offer much practical advice but maybe ask to have this moved or start a new thread in the property section - lots of good advice there and more heavily trafficked!

sjsimpson Mon 05-Nov-12 22:35:26

I am very new to this so here goes. My partner and i are trying to relocate our entire family to London from Northern Ireland. We have a few mile stones along the way. I need to be close to a London university that does nursing (currently enrolled in a course to gain access to university for this), he needs to be able commute to London ( he can do this with just about an hr travel time to work). Now I have 3 children aged 7,5,4. The 4 yr old has just undergone statutory assessment for educational needs and he has just been diagnosed with Autisum.He has been told he needs a special speech unit to begin Primary 1 in September 2013. So really what I am looking for is a list of suggestions or areas to live with all the above in mind. We have a budget of around £1500 to rent with. But I am aware that in and around London we have to move to be within specific catchment areas. I really do not want my children's education to suffer, as I am told the education system in around London is poor, so I am trying to accommodate everyone. Please help as all suggestions are being considered. Thank you from a very stressed out mum who has no idea about London areas as to what is good or bad or indifferent!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now