Asking friend for money back....

(3 Posts)
MrsFruitcake Sun 04-Nov-12 07:22:25

I am worried, and have texted again this morning saying so.

Jalopeno Sun 04-Nov-12 07:19:16

If this is out if character, I would be more concerned about friend then money now tbh.

MrsFruitcake Sun 04-Nov-12 07:16:13

About 5 weeks ago, friend asked what we were doing for bonfire night. I explained that the village where I live was putting one on, with fireworks etc and the cost was £5 per head. She said they'd like to come so paid the £15 for tickets for her, her DP and DD. Told her I'd done this.

I texted her in the week to remind her about it - nothing back (but I know she was out for the country for part of the week so thought nothing of it). Texted her yesterday morning - nothing back. Rang her home number and mobile - both on VM. Time we'd agreed for us to meet came and went and they didn't show.

DH is annoyed - that's £15 we spent that we can't get back from the event organiser and we can not really afford to write off. We also bought food for afterwards, which they knew about.

Question is, how do I broach it with friend without sounding stroppy and money grabbing?

I also realise that there could have been a very good reason for them not showing (their DC has a health condition). I suppose I'll just have to wait for her to get in touch?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now