Carry On Teacher, you dirty bastard.

(8 Posts)
TheyreNotMyEyes Fri 02-Nov-12 17:29:07

A few years ago a teacher at DCs school came to a PA do, by invitation (free tickets). During the course of the evening he was quite pissed and made a leering pervy comment about my boobs. Bad enough already, but he did it in front of his wife. I could not get past it and he subsequently became closely linked to one DCs education. I worked really hard at keeping the relationship professional but could not stop thinking that he was a dirty old sod and found conversations uncomfortable, especially those ones which just involved him and me. Then, to add to the mix, he played a part in making school bloody miserable for one DC. Both DCs left and I thought that was the last of it. I turned up to watch a sport at a senior school and to my horror he was there. Now it looks like he made some snide bitchy comment about me to a member of staff at the senior school one DC goes to. Now I feel desperately uneasy. Spoke to another member of staff at senior school and confided my feelings in her. I didn't elaborate the story, just said that a comment was passed and she seemed to get it.
I feel really anxious and don't really know why. Should I be this worried?

UltraBOF Fri 02-Nov-12 17:31:42

Is this the same as the other thread? confused

WofflingOn Fri 02-Nov-12 17:32:46

The one in the Staffroom?
Yup.
Just more details.

UltraBOF Fri 02-Nov-12 17:33:08
UltraBOF Fri 02-Nov-12 17:36:38

Well to answer you, I would do nothing, as it was a long time ago and while unpleasant and unprofessional, was not illegal. God knows I've had worse sexist abuse, as, sadly, have most women, so although I don't mean to sound dismissive, I think the issue here might be that this has triggered an anxiety issue you might have. And that you are probably best off going to your GP about the anxiety than trying to make people at the school "get it", because realistically, they just won't.

LynetteScavo Fri 02-Nov-12 17:42:21

I was going to ask what you were worried about, exactly, but you don't seem to know.

I would be far more angry about him making school miserable for one on the DC.

He was inappropriate. If you ever have the misfortune to cross his path in future, and he is inappropriate again, complain strongly to his school.

TheyreNotMyEyes Fri 02-Nov-12 17:55:47

Concerns;
1. Hate being lied about. He's spread lies, gossip and unpleasant tales about staff at his school to the parents - quite shocking, and exceedingly unprofessional but demonstrates he doesn't care what he says or does - so I wouldn't be surprised if he'd made up some crap about me, or worse, about DS
2. I made no secret of my unhappiness of treatment of DS. I had legislation (DDA, SENDA, etc) on my side and they were just as afraid of litigation as I was of being asked to withdraw DCs with entrance exams on top of us. It was not a happy time
3. DS very happy at new school and I may not be able to restrain myself if I hear prep teacher has stirred some kind of shit.

As a slightly separate thing, I do wonder why he is 'friends' with so many children on Facebook. I would have thought a sensible teacher would not do that.

WofflingOn Fri 02-Nov-12 17:57:34

State schools have rules about many of these things, independents and academies seem to be able to make up their own.
Still unacceptable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now