Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

Taking sniffly ds to see newborn?

(9 Posts)
louloutheshamed Sat 03-Nov-12 19:31:04

I went but left ds at home as dh finished work early. Good job as ds is worse today with snot and slight temp sad

VolumeOfACone Sat 03-Nov-12 16:12:38

Postpone. My friend's DD is in hospital at two weeks old with what seems to have been just a cold. Colds can be serious at that age.

Kalisi Sat 03-Nov-12 15:43:46

One week old? No way, wouldn't go.

LoopyLoopsOlympicHoops Fri 02-Nov-12 12:11:39

PFB newborn? Definitely postpone.

Subsequent child? Ring and ask.

WalterandWinifred Fri 02-Nov-12 12:05:49

I would err on the side of caution. We nearly lost DS2 at two weeks old when he came down with a virus (turned out to be rhinovirus). We were rushed to hospital by ambulance from GP surgery and stayed in for a week. Friends has visited the week before with a snuffly toddler who went on to have a nasty cold. Who knows whether or not he caught it from her but the timings would have been right. I just wouldn't risk it with any future children and won't visit any newborns with any hint of illness, just in case.

stargirl1701 Fri 02-Nov-12 12:04:10

You should cancel. I have an 8 week LO and I would be unhappy if you came round sniffly.

DawnOfTheDee Fri 02-Nov-12 12:03:30

Agree with Goodnight....would postpone or could you leave your ds with someone while you visit your friend?

I would postpone.

louloutheshamed Fri 02-Nov-12 11:59:26

I have arranged to go and see my friends newborn ds today, 1 week old. Last night my ds, 22 mo was coughing a little bit during he night and he is napping now and has coughed a couple of times, but seems right as rain when he is awake. Would it be wrong of me to go and see newborn- should I cancel?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now