Need to make a complaint to a Cafe.

(10 Posts)
Emmielu Sat 03-Nov-12 09:15:03

It does seem odd that its only the people that went that have turned out thus way sad

AnitaBlake Sat 03-Nov-12 09:08:20

There's no way of telling without analysis tbh. If you've all come down at the same time it would suggest either poisoning or poor working practices, so def worth speaking to env health.

Emmielu Sat 03-Nov-12 09:05:29

FireOverBabylon - im starting to think it was a bug. I had sickness and diarhea yesterday morning but feel better today. My friend however still has sickness and diarrhea. This will be day 3 for her.

3littlefrogs Fri 02-Nov-12 10:38:23

Contact EH and save a stool sample. They will ask for one for analysis.

Theoretically, it could be a bug picked up from the door handle as you went in, from some scroat who didn't wash their hands, so I wouldn't mention it to the cafe as it may not be them at fault, however obvious the timeline is.

Emmielu Fri 02-Nov-12 10:23:42

That was my friends first thought so she called me yesterday evening to check me and DD were ok so its most likely food poisioning.

Thanks for the link

HecatePhosphorus Fri 02-Nov-12 10:22:34
HecatePhosphorus Fri 02-Nov-12 10:21:44

you call environmental health

[[ http://www.medic8.com/healthguide/food-poisoning/reporting-food-poisoning.html here]]

ManifestingMingeHooHoosAgain Fri 02-Nov-12 10:20:28

I would contact environmental health if you suspect food poisoning.

There are a lot of tummy bugs about at the moment but the timing suggests to me that food poisoning is more likely.

Emmielu Fri 02-Nov-12 10:18:14

Myself and my 2 friends went to a cafe yesterday that we've been to many times before for breakfast. We also had 4 children with us. 2 of my friends ordered a full english breakfast. They mentioned that they both thought the bacon was very salty but thought nothing of it because it was hot and assumed it was cooked. One of my friends gave some bacon to her son.

2 hours later, one of my friends has diarrhea whilst the other has severe stomach pains. 10mins after i left them at their doors, both are being sick and both have severe diarrhea as does my friends son. I called one of my friends this morning and spoke to her husband instead and he said that although their son stopped being sick early hours this morning, his wife was still being severely sick and still has diarrhea. He wants to make a complaint himself but hes unable to leave his wife and kids to travel there and back so i've offered to go and make a complaint instead. Since i was there too i thought it might help a little more. Thing is, i dont know where to start with a complaint. Will the cafe have a procedure? Do i ask to speak to the chef or the manager?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now