Noisy neighbours. Help!

(3 Posts)
Missenglish Sun 28-Oct-12 15:46:39

Hi all. Was just hoping for suggestions here. I live next door to a family of five who are the noisiest family I've ever encountered. The three children, all under twelve run around the house screaming until at least midnight most nights. They are a really nice family in most respects but the dad is a taxi driver and isn't often home. I have spoken with the mum who has told me that she doesn't know how to control the children and has sent the eldest to Islamic school to sort his behaviour. Even worse is that her sisters live on the same street and their kids are always in and out and sometimes there is nine or ten kids in the little 2 bedrooms house. They don't ever play in the garden which would be nice as we wouldn't hear that, it's just constant screeching, shouting and singing. From standing in the bathroom shouting 'mom' for 35 minutes to banging on the radiator next to our bed at 8 on Sunday morning. It is driving me to despair.

I am actually a secondary school teachers I understand that children make noise but when they stay up later than me making it, surely there is something wrong here. We don't have children and we really aren't very noisy, even the dogs are quiet . We actually moved bedrooms because we were next to the children's room and I wasn't sleeping at all. Not sure how much more I can take.

whattodoo Mon 29-Oct-12 11:40:13

Can you chat to the mum & dad together? He may be unaware and it might help him realise the mother could do with him around more?

Tell them honestly how much it is affecting your family, and that you understand children are noisy by nature and you're not asking for silence!

Appeal to their good nature.

Nevercan Mon 29-Oct-12 19:50:44

Move house?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now