Surpressed memories...

(6 Posts)
FarelyKnuts Wed 17-Oct-12 23:21:30

Best of luck. I really hope it helps

Wetthemogwai Sun 14-Oct-12 09:58:05

Thanks everyone, there's far too much to do at the moment but once it's all sorted and settled I'll look into finding a therapist

I hear you, and understand. The best solution is deal with them. Took me 12 months of therapy tp try adn deal with mine. I still have chunks of my childhood missing, but I can cope with what I remember

One thing I was taught was to talk about it, make it normal. If its just in your head and no-one else knows, it'll eat at you. Find yourself someone to talk to, the GP is usually a good start to find a therapist. You don't even have to tell them why. Take care

FarelyKnuts Sun 14-Oct-12 00:39:03

Can't stuff them in the box again.
They do need dealing with unfortunately. 8yo you probably had much less resources and so "forgetting" was her only option.
Get a decent therapist and talk them through. take care

quoteunquote Sun 14-Oct-12 00:09:09

Deal with them,

You can't put it away again, usually shock provide the ability to do so in the first place.

Find the right person to work through issues with,

Then you will be able to file them away, only to be viewed when it suits you.

Wetthemogwai Sat 13-Oct-12 23:35:29

...What do you do when you remember them?

Wasn't really sure where to post it.

It's just bugging me, 8 year old me could lock it away and think nothing of if so why can't 21 year old me with more pressing issues?

Is there a knack to it? What's the general way to go about it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now